Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Compensation And Pension Exam For Unemployability

kim8888

Question

i was awarded 70% disability for ptsd due to military sexual trauma 3 months ago. the examination was a horrible experience for me and threw me into a deep depression. i just received notification that in a couple of days i have to have another exam for my claim for unemployablity. i was told that i had to see two doctors this time. i am terrified. do they ask the same questions that they did the first time? what is the second doctor for. any advise on what happens in these examinations would be greatly appreciated and what things are they looking for. i hope that if i know a little about what to expect that i won't go into another severe depression. i have been on social security disability for 4 years for depression. i really need the extra money because i cannot get the help that i need from the va hospital and have to pay a great deal of money out of pocket to see 3 local doctors on a weekly basis not to mention physical problem i am having due to stress. HELP KIMMBERLY

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

kim8888,,

You have your personal message disabled.

Josephine

thanks, i think i fixed it. my husband set everything up for me. i am new to the computer.

• HadIt.com Elder

Bring your SSDI award letter with you to give to them. If you have not worked in four years and are on SSDI that is very good evidence of being TDIU. They may want to see you to decide if your condition is permanent or if they believe you may get better. You have the required percentage so I don't know what they will ask you except to verify that you are not working and can't work due to the PTSD. This should be an exam to see if you can work and not to go over all the details. I don't even know why you are having an exam for this since you are on SSDI.

Inquir to whomever informed you of this C&p as to what kind of doctor you are going to see. Then go here http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm for an idea of what may be looked at.

Hope this helps.

Ronn

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually the exams will probably be a lot easier. Take your husband with you for support and take him to the exam with you also.

There is a huge difference between 70% and 100% TDIU. Any question should be answered as if you were home and not at the VA. In other words if you have problems getting out of bed and they ask you how you are feeling don't tell them that you are feeling good cause you are almost done but how you felt yesterday or the day before.

Good Luck on your C&P's but I think that from what you said your case has already been made.

Please keep us posted on your C&P exam. I am rated 50% mental disorder and have appealed the rating and requested IU so I am very interested in how this plays out for you.

I know what you mean about how horrible you feel due to a C&P exam. I was a wreck for a couple of weeks beforehand and depressed during the exam but that was nothing compared to how desolate I felt afterwards for about a month because I didn't think I told them everything I needed to because I was depressed. I wonder if the VA understands the stress that the "work like setting" of having to do the admin on a VA claim causes the veteran? Hang in there.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your IU C&P exam.

Thanks,

TS Snave

• Community Admin/Founder

kim many of us have been where you are and you are not alone. you probably with see two docs one for physical problems and one for mental evaluation. that's how it went for me. do take your husband if at all possible it should help your anxiety. don't be afraid to them the truth of what life is like for you. don't try and soldier up, you are wounded there is no shame in that.