VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Ssdi

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

:rolleyes: My husband is on SSDI, for PTSD - THE VA ADMITS PTSD- HAS VERIFIED STRESSOR-BUDDY STMNT.- HE IS ON NSC PENSION BECAUSE OF PTSD AND HE CAN'T WORK-AND YET THEY STILL HAVE IT ON THE DRO'S DESK- WHAT ELSE DO THEY NEED- AND WHY DID IT THEY WAIT TILL JULY 07' TO DO A 2 ND C AND P EXAM --WHEN IT HAS BEEN OPENED SINCE 1998, AND WE DID VA 9 IN 05--HAVE BEEN EVEN WAITINF FOR A DRO HEARING FOR 4 YEARS--ANYONE ELSE/THANKS FOR INPUT :blink:

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

MrsVet:

Sorry but maybe you should hand carry the forms to the employer or send them yourself so that you know for sure?

Copies of Social Security that shows little or no pay should also work.

if i could chime in here...if possible hand deliver them yourself to your employer.tell them what you need, have them stamp it or enclose company letterhead..then bring too the Regional Office..i know there was mention of the RO not accepting them directly from you..because someone forged them one time..i assure you that was an isolated incident..[FRAUD]..i hand delivered mine to the RO St. Petersburg, Fla. had them stamped, copied, and had the young lady place them in the Triage Tray and followed up with a phone call to the RO 12 days later and they had receipt of them..i also had included a copy of my SS Earnings Statement.. best to you, william n

• HadIt.com Elder

Interesting! 1968; where did ya see that you cant file for SSDI? you paid taxes, so now you should be able to file, right?

Why is it........ ???

if you're a CSRS federal retiree...... you cannot file for SSDI ? :angry:

I don't understand. Pls advise me. Thanks.

Happy Holidays to all,

Heres our latest update: as far as the IU forms being mailed out, they said they mailed them in August- contacted one of my husbands past employers, they never got it- then I called the 800 and spoke to a lclerk and informed them they possibly never mailed it- she said they would mail it again, so I suggested a copy of the w2's from the last year my hub worked and we would mail them ,certified of course- then went the second time to the Senators office --they sent a second letter as well with those copies- with no reply in 2 months from the VA, for the first letter- the SS records are in the cfile- which says he can't work, his nsc pension is because he can't work, so after a call to the 800 again, they said it looked like they were getting ready to rate him??--this has been going on since 98'- if they never mailed out the IU to the former employers-and they never received them- how is this possible when it states in "what evidence must show" IU form B) ???? Is this their other 60 day response for the IU , because it should say, "if we don't mail it in 60 days then we'll mail it in 60 more days"!!!!!!!!!! :)

MrsVet:

Sorry but maybe you should hand carry the forms to the employer or send them yourself so that you know for sure?

Copies of Social Security that shows little or no pay should also work.

THANK YOU FOR INPUT-- CERTIFIED MAILED W2 FROM LAST YEAR OF WORK--TURNED OUT THEY SAID THAT THEY NEVER MAILED OUT THE FORMS TO THE EMPLOYERS- AFTER THEY LIED ON THE PHONE AND SAID THEY DID--CALED THE FORMERS NEVER GOT THEM-WENT IN PERSON TO FORMERS ALSO--NOTHING FOR MONTHS --NOW IN THE SSOC THEY HAVE THE W2S LISTED IN EVIDENCE --THANKS :) CHECK MY NEW TALE I JUST POSTED TODAY