VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Ssdi

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

:rolleyes: My husband is on SSDI, for PTSD - THE VA ADMITS PTSD- HAS VERIFIED STRESSOR-BUDDY STMNT.- HE IS ON NSC PENSION BECAUSE OF PTSD AND HE CAN'T WORK-AND YET THEY STILL HAVE IT ON THE DRO'S DESK- WHAT ELSE DO THEY NEED- AND WHY DID IT THEY WAIT TILL JULY 07' TO DO A 2 ND C AND P EXAM --WHEN IT HAS BEEN OPENED SINCE 1998, AND WE DID VA 9 IN 05--HAVE BEEN EVEN WAITINF FOR A DRO HEARING FOR 4 YEARS--ANYONE ELSE/THANKS FOR INPUT :blink:

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Found out today that after submitting the IU FORM TWO WEEKS AGO- THEY CONSIDER THAT A NEW SEPERATE CLAIM??NEVER IN 9 YEARS HAVE THEY EVER SENT THAT FORM-We have had the c-file on the DROS desk for years waiting for a hearing, or a decision- now the insider to Congressional told them that the file is no longer with the DRO- since now they are working on the IU, it will be put in limbo, that they have to do the IU first and disregard the Appeal for now ??? HOW CAN YOU HAVE AN APPEAL ON FILE SINCE 05, and now the IU COMES FIRST/??????????????????????????????????????

WHAT IS THAT ABOUT? :o ( :blink: and the stressors should have been verified when they were submitted with the private psych. diagnosis, during the SOC- (the SSOC came the week before they said they verified his stressors)then came the second VCAA notice with the IU form--now we just want the hearing we are waiting for--Thanks for replies

Hi All ,

I was told this week that the IU FORM GETS SENT TO THE LAST EMPLOYERS TO FILL OUT AND MAIL BACK AND THEY HAVE 60 DAYS TO REPLY TO THE VA-- WHY DO THEY NEED THIS INFO- IF MY HUSBAND IS GETTING NSC PENSION FROM THEM- THEY HAVE THE SAME INFO NOW AS THEN- <_< AND WHY DID THEY WAIT FOR 3 YEARS AFTER HIS NSC TO SEND THE IU FORM- WHEN THE CLAIM HAS BEEN OPEN SINCE 98?

BEEN CALLING EVRY OTHER DAY- TRYING TO GET A DRO HEARING-BEEN ON THE LIST SINCE 03', BEFORE THE SOC- AND THE SSOC CAME- WENT TO SENATORS OFFICE FOR INQUIRY TODAY- FILLED OUT FORMS-CONGRESS OFFICE DIDN'T DO MUCH BUT GET THE CLAIM PULLED OFF THE DROS DESK :rolleyes: - WHERE IT BEEN FOR A FEW YEARS NOW--THEY INSISTED WE APPLIED FOR IU- AND I TOLD THE LIPSERVICER ON THE PHONE THAT THEY SENT IT TO BE INCLUDED W/ EVIDENCE MUST SHOW--VCAA NOTICE-WHAT HAPPENED TO "I HAVE NO FURTHER EVIDENCE PLEASE DECIDE MY CLAIM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE "AND THE 60 DAY RESPONSE???

"AND WHY DID THEY WAIT FOR 3 YEARS AFTER HIS NSC TO SEND THE IU FORM- WHEN THE CLAIM HAS BEEN OPEN SINCE 98?"

It looks as though -since his stressors were verified- the VA was obligated at that point to send the TDIU form-

This is why I attach the 21-8940 TDIU form here to many posts-

Usually one a SC rating of 70% will trigger the VA to send it to the vet-

yet a vet can send it in anytime at all- if they feel they should be considered for TDIU.

I am contacting NVLSP as I do not see anywhere in the VBM-that tells a vet they can do this-more and more these days I see where a vet should be eligible for TDIU but they dont get consideration by VA unless they are 70% SC or something like your situation triggers them to send the TDIU form.

And the VA sure wont tell anyone that - nor any vet rep I know-

This can cause a veteran to lose considerable retro.

I agree with John- totally- here

You could possibly appeal a favorable TDIU award-(they should give him a year retro to the filing date if his SSA is for same SC condition)-

by asking them to reconsider that his NSC and SSA was based on the same SC condition and ask for more retro -as John said- I agree with him completely-

I assume VA has been fully aware of his SSA award for some time now?

And the SSA is solely for PTSD?

Edited by Berta

mrsvet28,I am sorry about how things have been going for you and your husband.Although IU is a seperate claim and more than likely IU becomes moot if your husband is ungainful employable because of his post-traumatic stress disorder(PTSD).Just to make this simple.If he been diagnose with PTSD and have a vertify in-service stresssor and can't work because of PTSD va is suppose to go ahead and rate him 100% service connection.

Vietnam veteran

100% PTSD

Vietnam vet

Edited by mobie16r

Thanks for replies-

The VA says he has been diagnosed with PTSD (by more than one ) but denied for verifable stressor- which they had in their file- (sent for MY COPY OF c-file it was there 51 days before- have certified receipts and faxes ) they sent the SSOC -DENYING FOR THE STRESSOR- THAT WAS OVER 3 YEARS AGO--NOW THEY ARE DOING THE IU THING--AND WHY DO THEY MAIL IT TO YOUR FORMER EMPLOYERS- TO FILL OUT WHAT?? IF HE IS ALREADY GETTING A NSC PENSION-/3 YEARS AGO THEY ADMITTED PTSD AND HAD HIS VERIFIABLE STRESSOR-- COULD THAT BE A CUE???? :rolleyes: AND TO ANSWER BERTA THE SS IS ONLY FOR PTSD--BUT THE VA SAID IN THE SSOC - HE DIDN'T PROVIDE THE SS WITHA VERIFIABLE STRESSOR-AND ALL THE WHILE IT WAS IN HIS C FILE WITH THE VA! <_<

:rolleyes: Hi All-

Been busy with the holidays coming-- Now for the latest-- made a call to the Philly office- was told that they are showing my husband is rated 60% and they are waiting for the IU form to be returned from former employers-- why do they need this- if they already have the info from the NSC pension? still haven't gotten our 04 DRo hearing- do we need it? or are they just talking bs again?? how does one person read something in the computer and the others don't have anything-been going since 98 with this- :blink: thanks for replies!