VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

%'s Of Remanded Claims Approved?

Rate this question

timetowinarace

Question

I was wondering if anyone knew the percent of claims won after being denied at the ALJ level? I'm sure it's small.

Most Vets seem to say SSDI was easier than VA claims, especially after being awarded 100% but that has not been my experience. With 100% P&T decision AND a decision that I'm not competent to handle my finiances (with the two C&P Doctors reports to go with them) I was denied by the ALJ.

I did send it for review and won a remand. Getting a remand is a low percentage as it is. But, even with overwhelming evidence, I know Judges are not in the habit of overturning each other. So I'm on the fence on this one. If this fails, the only step left is a lawsuit.

Basically, all my evidence is in and all I can do is worry. A large part of my disability is verbal and memory problems. Not good for answering questions in an effective way. My hearing is next month and I didn't expect it for another year. It's only been two months since the remand and hearings are 14-16 months out here. So, I'm wondering what my chances are.

Time

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You really need to read the remand to know. Often times a remand is telling the VARO how to fix the claim and is usually positive for the Veteran.

• HadIt.com Elder

Timetowinrace, A remand from SSA is a good thing. The ALJ may be a no person ( Opposite a yes man).

Some of these Judges are actually worse than the VA. Always remember that you have the option to take the appeal all t he way to the top and dont give up.

I have my hearing next month and it has been too long.

Good luck