VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Case Closed

Rate this question

Flatbroke

Question

Called the 800 # today and asked the lady if there was any activity on my PTSD claim. She said the case had been closed on Sept 17. I asked WHY and that I had recieved NO NOTIFICATION that my claimed had been closed or why. She filled out a form to send up the food chain to find out why and that I should recieve some kind of reason within a couple of weeks. Do I hold my breath and hope some one corrects this screw up. Or write a letter to the director of the St. Louis R.O. and ask for an explanation???? :lol:

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you make a claim the VA has to either deny it or approve it. They cannot just close it with no action. They have to give you a reason why your claim did not fly.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, what John just said.

If you turn in a claim for "tennis elbow" from spending too much time over at the "O" club....they either have to grant the claim or deny the claim, and, which ever one of these two actions that they take......there will be mail coming to a post offfice box near you, explaining what, why, when......

They don't simply pull out a rubber stamp that says "Case Closed", at least not without having communicated with you before hand.

Now, after having said that, I will also tell you that when my file was at the BVA for however many years it was at the BVA, my Wife and I had a little contest going between us. See, I'd call the BVA weekly (or maybe I should say "weakly") and ask about my claim. She and I would have us a little bet as to what the BVA would tell me this week......... :lol:

A telephone answerer at the Appeals Management Center told me the same thing, my case was closed, he was a rookie.

But what happened was that my claims file had been transferred to a medical facility for a medical opinion.

I would bet that your claims file was sent to another location for some other work.

Here is a link to my post about this same subject

my posts

Happy Trails

I am going to give them till the 1st then realy start asking questions. I am waiting till after my DRO hearing so as not to rock the boat to bad. I realize that I should be notified but the lady on the phone sounded like she knew what she was talking about so I guess wait and see. At least this way I dont have a dead line ( 60 days) since I have not been notified. LOL :lol:

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to file a NOD and not wait. Somewhere there is a regulation that states that a claim is deemed denied after a certain time period. I dont know exactly where the regs are on this but I will find them.

This came up a couple of years ago but I dont remmber who was effected by it.