VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab Appt

Rate this question

Christopher

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

There is info on Voc Rehab at the VA web site-

looks like all you need to do is decide on where you are going to attend college-

At some point you need to contact the school's VA counselor- and they can make it all go easy from that point-

you are probably eligible for a book grant under Voc Rehab too- The school's VA counselor will give you a bookstore voucher.

Voc Rehab can be a 2 edged sword.

My husband went through Voc Rehab.He also had just been employed part time by the VA and received at that time 30% for PTSD.

One MONTH after he started Voc Rehab he got a letter from VA that stated :

Due to his attainment of substantial employment (crap part time job they were forced to give him due to potential EEOC complaint)

and DUE to one semester of college (he became a rocket scientist in 8 weeks)

the VA was proposing to reduce his comp.

I prepared the NOD.

Within a few months they changed their mind and he retained his 30 %.

Watch out for that-it does not always happen but I think the biggest problem was that he was a VA employee and this was why they tried to pull this.

That's Kinda what I'm worried about. What the VA might try to do because I will be a full time student. I don't have PTSD though. I am appealing TDIU presently which could be jeopardized but that's probally a fight that I'll be going through for at least 4 more years. By then I should be graduating (knock on wood).

A sedentary skill is the goal with employment so by then the TDIU issue would become moot. What about while I'm a student?