VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter For Nod On Original Decision, Not Time For Form 9?

Rate this question

71M10

Question

Greetings all:

Recieved decision in May for a claim for increase. Sent a letter the beginning of this month stating I disagreed and would like to have the decision reviewed by the DRO.

Do I have to do a form 9 now (i don't think I do), or when they issue a SOC?

I Was feeling fairly secure about understanding of the process, but recent posts about form 9s have me questioning my understanding.

I received my delivery notification on the NOD yesterday (sent certified Return Reciept). I will forward a request for a hearing with the DRO in about a week to go over the decision and what I think are the deficiencies. Probably get sent for a couple more C&Ps then about 7-8 months in the VA paper tumbler and expect to get a SOC that will grant some issues but require I appeal some. At that point I would have to do a form 9 within 60 days(30 if they change the rule) complete with additional evidence IMO's and the like.

I assume that the DRO process is as backloged as the normal ratings process, I am in the Detroit VARO service area, any guestimates on how long it will take to get a hearing with DRO?

Have I outlined the process correctly?

Should I have a VSO (did the increase without one)?

If I should have a VSO, can anyone recommend one in the Lansing Michigan area?

Best regards,

71M10

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Whether or not you send a letter saying you disagree if you want to continue the Appeal you have to send a Form 9 before a year is up. Because it takes more than a year sometimes to see a DRO failure to send the Form 9 can close the door on your effective date.

If it were my claim I would send the Form 9 in at the same time I asked for a DRO Hearing.

Whether or not you send a letter saying you disagree if you want to continue the Appeal you have to send a Form 9 before a year is up. Because it takes more than a year sometimes to see a DRO failure to send the Form 9 can close the door on your effective date.

If it were my claim I would send the Form 9 in at the same time I asked for a DRO Hearing.

Thank you! I am ok at present but need to send the form 9 prior to one year. If I send the form 9 in now does that de-rail the DRO process? I dont find any information on the form 9 about the DRO process?

Best regards,