VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Disability & Work

Rate this question

david walker

Question

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

This question appears on this site every other week. Each time I have only one reply-WHY?WHY?WHY?

Why in the hell would I take a chance of losing over $4000 a month, tax free, for a chance to get back into the rat race & work again? Just me, but if you are 100% & can work are you really 100%?

Just venting,

Don

This question appears on this site every other week. Each time I have only one reply-WHY?WHY?WHY?

Why in the hell would I take a chance of losing over $4000 a month, tax free, for a chance to get back into the rat race & work again? Just me, but if you are 100% & can work are you really 100%?

Just venting,

Don

I understand this point of view but don't share it. I didn't want out of the "rat race". I would love to do something. If someone is able to overcome their disability then I applaud them.

For certain, I don't recieve $4,000 a month at 100%. But even at $4000 I could make more when I was able to work. I had the opportunity to make much more. And enjoy what I was doing.

I wish I could do it, cause I would.

That's the short answer to "why".

Time

Edited by timetowinarace

There is a 100% rating where one is unemployable and a schedular 100% where a person's disabilities add up to 100%. If a person is able to work, then what is the big deal? Nine times out of ten, a person that is 100% has a few serious disabilities that could potentially kill them. Why not applaud someone that is able to overcome their disabilities and work instead of assuming they shouldn't be 100%? I'm too tired of people complaining about the same ish every week........ Just my two cents........