VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Disability & Work

Rate this question

david walker

Question

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I understand this point of view but don't share it. I didn't want out of the "rat race". I would love to do something. If someone is able to overcome their disability then I applaud them.

For certain, I don't recieve $4,000 a month at 100%. But even at $4000 I could make more when I was able to work. I had the opportunity to make much more. And enjoy what I was doing.

I wish I could do it, cause I would.

That's the short answer to "why".

Time

I agree with you, Time. I was off work for a year for cancer and another year for back surgery and almost any thing is better than not being productive if you can be.

HM2 Doc John

• HadIt.com Elder

Guess my view is kind of one sided. I'm am 100% (70% PTSD, 30% TDIU) & 100% for Cancer. I understand the 100% unemployable and a 100% schedular process. In my case, I will do nothing that risks the VA taking the % away. I understand all the pros & cons, but I can't work, so guess it's a moot subject for me.

Take care,

Don

I agree with everybody BUT why of all places Corrections? Been there done that and forget it, there is too much stress. On point had a vet go to work makeing 1,000 a week almost, great money!! Two months after he lost the VA award he fell off the equipment, hurt his back etc. and now is getting almost $200 a week workmans comp. So far VA is not very sympathetic in helping him regain his award. Is it worh it? Depends on your age the disability etc. If you are making it leave it alone. There is no way money will improve your health. :lol:

• Founder
Provided the 100% is not for a mental disorder or TDIU he can go back and work.

great example of a 100% veteran working former senator max cleland, but if you are being paid because you are unemployable then if you get employment you not unemployable.

if you are 100% for mental disorders including ptsd well it just won't add up for the va, if you are so mentally disabled as to be 100% it would not be possible to hold a job.

Here are the regs-

http://72.14.205.104/custom?q=cache:NH78zl...326217334650925

The key is marginal employment.

Any vet getting a check at the 100% rate whether for TDIU or for 100%who also has an income-that is above marginal guidlines-

in my opinion-can possibly have their income checked by VA as matching their IRS or SSA payments to their compensation.

There was a topic here some time ago where a paid service officer received 100% VA comp yet was still able to work as a paid SO.

I dont know if he was legally able to work as an SO or not-

very possibly he was-I think his disabilities were all physical ones.

A TDIU vet is a vet has been declared as unemployable due to total service connection.

If a TDIU vet starts to make substantial wages-the VA will certainly find out.

The VA forms that we all file state that VA can access and share info with other fed departments such as SSA ,IRS etc.