VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sc For Cancer. Presumtive?

Rate this question

Doc John

Question

I was told by my VSO that some cancers are "presumptive" for service connection.

I had cancer surgery in 2000 for adenoid cystic carcinoma (a.k.a. cylindroma) , along with chemotherapy and radiation. My face is disfigured and I need physical therapy on my jaw 20-30 times a year so that I can open my mouth and chew solid food.

I am in remission but have been assured by my oncologist that metastases will occur eventually in my lungs, and it will kill me if I don't die waiting for it.

I searched hadit.com and found this decision from the VA::: http://www.va.gov/vetapp93/files2/9315426.txt

If I could get it, I would appreciate some expert VA advice from the Elders, VA employees or Berta, who helped this widow originally.

Thanks,

Doc John

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PS -there is a CUE claim I posted here and cannot find it yet-

regarding an AO vet whose comp was dropped and he fought it under CUE claim and succeeded.

This vet had a disability that the VA granted years ago due to AO which does not appear on the AO list.He had a very strong medical opinion.

His comp was restored.

PS -there is a CUE claim I posted here and cannot find it yet-

regarding an AO vet whose comp was dropped and he fought it under CUE claim and succeeded.

This vet had a disability that the VA granted years ago due to AO which does not appear on the AO list.He had a very strong medical opinion.

His comp was restored.

Berta,

Thanks for your reply. I am a newbie at hadit and do not always understand acronyms an abbreviations.

What are "CUE" and "AO" ?

Doc John

CUE- a clear and unmistakable legal error that the VA made in a final unappealed rating decision -that caused the veteran a monetary loss.

AO Agent Orange-

We had a dictionary somewhere here for the acronyms we use.

Edited by Berta

John,

Go to this site below, and download booklet...It'a for AO vets....print it out and read it, you may be able, if it's not on the presumptive list, to be secondary to an item on the presumptive list..

Have you taken the Agent Orange test? by the VA...

Revised Agent Orange Handbook... September 5, 2006 PDF.gifVHA Handbook 1302.01, 9/5/06, Agent Orange Registry (AOR) Program Procedures To Include All Veterans Exposed To Agent Orange And Special Health Care Benefits For Vietnam Veterans' Children

CUE- a clear and unmistakable legal error that the VA made in a final unappealed rating decision -that caused the veteran a monetary loss.

AO Agent Orange-

We had a dictionary somewhere here for the acronyms we use.

Thanks Berta. I remember seeing the dictionary once, but now I can't find it.

I wasn't sprayed with AO but it was stored in barrels on Okinawa at, I believe, Camp Futenma. That was where I had to go to see the dentist for my TMJ.

The navy finally dumped it all on some little atoll in the Pacific.

Doc John

John,

Go to this site below, and download booklet...It'a for AO vets....print it out and read it, you may be able, if it's not on the presumptive list, to be secondary to an item on the presumptive list..

Have you taken the Agent Orange test? by the VA...

Revised Agent Orange Handbook... September 5, 2006 PDF.gif VHA Handbook 1302.01, 9/5/06, Agent Orange Registry (AOR) Program Procedures To Include All Veterans Exposed To Agent Orange And Special Health Care Benefits For Vietnam Veterans' Children

Thanks, Buick,

This was a good site for research! I will get VA to give me the test.

Doc