VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Brother's Condition Worse

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I suggest that you get in touich with a VA Social worker for help they can be a big help to get things moving. For those who don't know everyone who goes to the VA has a Socail Worker most just don't know who they are.

I suggest that you get in touich with a VA Social worker for help they can be a big help to get things moving. For those who don't know everyone who goes to the VA has a Socail Worker most just don't know who they are.

Pete, Thank you again!!!

I would have not thought of the Social Worker and i'm sure my brother doesn't know he has one. I am going with him to the VA on Monday. We will look them up.

I don't know what i would do if it wasn't for you guys and gals here on hadit. I know i can could on you all for the answer.

Thanks for being here.

Jessie

Forget the Social Worker. Get a 21-4138 and a doctor's diagnosis of the medical condition. Put your brothers age down and then tell VA that his prognosis because of age and the diagnosis of the medical condition require you to ask for a 21Q which is an emergency claim. They should tell you within TWO days max if they can process his claim overnight. I do it in Phoenix, and have had great results. It has to be an emergency on your brothers part which it is and make sure you tell them it is liver cancer. Hopefully the doctor will cooperate and write you a good diagnosis and recommend that the VA act promptly. The VA can be a pain but they are also very helpful in this regard. Remember it all rest with the doctors statement. Good luck and email me if you need anything further. Q

Forget the Social Worker. Get a 21-4138 and a doctor's diagnosis of the medical condition. Put your brothers age down and then tell VA that his prognosis because of age and the diagnosis of the medical condition require you to ask for a 21Q which is an emergency claim. They should tell you within TWO days max if they can process his claim overnight. I do it in Phoenix, and have had great results. It has to be an emergency on your brothers part which it is and make sure you tell them it is liver cancer. Hopefully the doctor will cooperate and write you a good diagnosis and recommend that the VA act promptly. The VA can be a pain but they are also very helpful in this regard. Remember it all rest with the doctors statement. Good luck and email me if you need anything further. Q

bobbyq:

Thank you very much. I'm going to print this out so i don't forget what to ask for.

Again Thank You

Jessie