VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t Is Now Not Going Away!

Rate this question

Scottyp65

Question

I was just informed a letter is in the mail to inform me that the VA is proposing to reduce my rating !!!!!!

*(&(*&(*^*&%*&^*@@$#@$!!!!!

Oh and now comes the endles BS while trying to resolve this and oh how quick will they respond to cut off the dependent benefits while still paying so there will be a NO PAY DUE issue right at Christmas!!!!

Oh the fun never stops!!!!!!

Edited by Scottyp65

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Danang,if you leave an automatic transmission in reverse the back up lamp stays on and runs down the battery.

Scotty, find out what basis or examination was used to sugggest the proposed rating reduction. Not knowing what you are SC'd for makes it a little difficult tohelp. If you can get your hands on the exam , compare the findings to the schedule for rating disabilities.

If it is an error ( Most are) you may want to file an appeal asap, then file a writ of mandamus to stop them from taking any money away until a final determination can be reached.

Also, how long have you been service connected 100 percent? There are protections for Service connection, The 20 year rule comes into play.

If you can, let us know what the letter states and why they are considering the reduction.

John

keep us updated as this applies to allot of us, I wemt through hell and am just know getting out of it, I know I would be in the poor house, in fact I would most likely end it all, maybe go out in a ball of fire If they took away my 100 SC P$T. Would definitely make the news!

You must NOD a proposed reduction immediately-

the VA told you why they are proposing to reduce-

you have to combat their rationale step by step.

They can really only reduce a benefit if there has been substantial medical improvement - and they need solid medical evidence to prove that.

They can propose to reduce also with a finding of some sort of fraud.

That doesnt not happen much.

I am sure you can take the reduction letter and go over it step by step and file a NOD on it right away.

I went through this with my husband and they dropped thei idea when they got the NOD I prepared.

You MUST send in the NOD right away.

Attach any evidence at all that shows they are wrong-ie: current treatment records etc- anything at all that overcomes the reasons they gave you for this.