VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approval....woohoo

Rate this question

tdak

Question

After a lot of work on my own part. I was given a "FULLY FAVORABLE" decision from the SSA as of today. I am very happy with the decision.

I sent an appeal in, which they got on 14AUG07. A signed decision 70 days after my appeal. I guess that 1 1/2 inch manilla envelope of my appeal I sent them was worth my time and no I didn't have an attorney. This was my first appeal. I figured if it was denied this time I would have gotten a lawyer.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was actually amazed to see it was approved. I was getting ready to find a lawyer recently thinking it was quite a while since I had heard anything. Now let's see how long it takes to get any retro $$.

Also a big congrats; I'm sure it's a big relief. Now relax for a day and then get to work on your unemployability (IU). You will need at least 70% overall with one disability being at least 40% to get approved. Your definitely on the right track if your SSDI disabilities are service connected.

;)

Steve

Edited by stevedenesha

Thanks everyone for the help and support!!!

Steve,

I just recently received the TDIU and I think that helped me get the SSD. I sent my C&P reports along with all my other medical records in my appeal package I sent them. All I know is It cost me about $8.00+ to send it 2 towns over, so it was heavy. I sent them every doctor report I had dating back even further than when I had applied for(I figure they overloaded me with papers, why not) and the surgical reports from my brain surgery and the lovely pictures of my 11 inch scar on the back of my head (taken the day before my staples were removed). I figured they needed the full effect.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did they give you a disabled date?

I have my hearing next week and I had a marathon attorney meeting today. Anyhow, Gongrats on the win, you deserve it. Now take a break from it all, go see Mickey Mouse and have some fun.