VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approval....woohoo

Rate this question

tdak

Question

After a lot of work on my own part. I was given a "FULLY FAVORABLE" decision from the SSA as of today. I am very happy with the decision.

I sent an appeal in, which they got on 14AUG07. A signed decision 70 days after my appeal. I guess that 1 1/2 inch manilla envelope of my appeal I sent them was worth my time and no I didn't have an attorney. This was my first appeal. I figured if it was denied this time I would have gotten a lawyer.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Also a big congrats; I'm sure it's a big relief. Now relax for a day and then get to work on your unemployability (IU). You will need at least 70% overall with one disability being at least 40% to get approved. Your definitely on the right track if your SSDI disabilities are service connected.

:rolleyes:

Steve

Sorry Steve, but your statement about needing "at least 70% overall and with one disability being rated at least 40%" is incorrect. See 38 CFR 4.16(<_<.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

For some reason the B shows up on Hadit as a smily with sun glasses PR was mentioning the "B" part of the regulation

See 38 CFR 4.16 "B"

This is very important and often overlooked second part of the regulation

No matter what anyone tells you if your Service Connected Disability prevents you from being able to work the VA has to rate at 100% TDIU which is usually accomplished by a "Extra Schedular" Rating.

Alex Humpfrey who used to post a lot here has told us about one of his cases where the guy was rated 10% because he could not control his bowels and was awarded 100%.

Never give up.