VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trazadone

Rate this topic

I am at 500mg was at 250mg when first started. Really knocks me out for the first 3-4 hrs. then wake up and have to take 2 tylenol for my PN pain or I can't get back to sleep. That works preety good for me get another 2-3 hrs but do sweat and nighmares. Sleep aint like it used to be, like most other things!

Stillhere

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to take trazodone but gave it up. seemed like the 'cure' was worse than the disease. Now I take 1 mg of ativan or 30 mg of temazepam in the evening and sleep well for the most part. somedays, I skip the benzos completely and take mirtazapine which REALLY knocks me out, but the quality of sleep is so-so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

They gave it to me about a month ago, but it didn't do anything and after about three weeks the PCP said to discard it. She then prescribed welbutrin for the depression, but it hasn't arrived yet (don't think it affects sleep, though). I only sleep about 2-3 hours a night and have done that for the last 10 years or so. If I go any longer then I have the nightmares. I,too, sometimes go up to a week without any sleep, then I get physically ill to the point of passing out for several hours. Pain/depression induced insomnia is no fun.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Rentalguy, how much Traz were you on at the end of a month? I know people that get by fine on 25mg....I've heard of someone who takes 500mg...I take 400mg plus an Ambien. You are so right about the pain/depression royally messing up sleep. Guess I'm saying medications are trial and error, until the right drug(s) and dosage combination is hit upon.I've been on Wellbutrin and Zoloft at the same time, with the Traz at night. Worked ok for a while.

Anyway, wish ya all the best! Happy T day. Linda

• HadIt.com Elder

Mine was only 50mg, but I honestly don't think there is anything out there that works for me. i have been on ambien and a few other with no results. The only thing that works for me is wal-mart brand benadryl...and it will only work two nights in a row. If I have the flu and take nyquil, I can always count on 6 hours of uninterupted sleep without any bad dreams, too.

I had an excuse to be awake lastnight, though. My 10 year old appearntly has the stomach flu becuase he was puking all night. The night before Thanksgiving, no less. For the second year in a row, no less!!! Grrrr...