VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who Else Has A Claim With Appeals Management Center?

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Maurice,

Ms. Moye, she works under Honorable Cooper's Office was a tremendous help to me when I was stuck at the Huntington R. O.

Do give her a call for she is a very nice and very easy to talk to lady.

If you should receive her voice mail, by all means leave her a message, as she always returns telephone calls.

You have her telephone number correctly.

You can also call Michael Walcoof's telephone number at

1-202-461-9340.

Maurice, you will find when you make the calls, if they cannot help you, if you ask them, they will lead to the person that can with their telephone number.

A lot of the numbers that I post were given to me in this manner.

Keep us posted.

Always,

Josephine

(Betty)

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Many Veterans really don't know how much Service Organizations contribute to slow claims.

If this was my claim I would light a fire under my service organization as they probably have to sign off before you find out.

James is one of the better 800# answerers. I would believe what he tells you. I am unfamiliar with Gwen. I was once told that a decision letter could take as long as two weeks to two months.

Once it has been assigned to a post determination team, you may be able to find out the basics of the decision from your POA. This is how I found out about my claim, I still do not have the determination letter tho. Does DAV have a rep at AMC?

As I understand it, having the POA review the decision is standard procedure, I would call the POA and ask them to call you when they receive it.

Happy Trails

Paul

Thanks Paul, Betty, Berta and all the other people on these boards for their advice too.

James has helped me a few times. I'm not complaining too much (YET) HAHAHA. My claim has a decision in under one year. My understanding from the DAV is that they have an attorney at the AMC that reviews the decisions they have POA for. My local SO told me that I would know something before he did (I have never met this guy, my SO has changed four times since I started this journey in 2002). My main concern with what James said was that my POA may want to take a look at it. Leads me to believe that it is not in my favor.

Thanks again,

Dean

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks Paul, Betty, Berta and all the other people on these boards for their advice too.

James has helped me a few times. I'm not complaining too much (YET) HAHAHA. My claim has a decision in under one year. My understanding from the DAV is that they have an attorney at the AMC that reviews the decisions they have POA for. My local SO told me that I would know something before he did (I have never met this guy, my SO has changed four times since I started this journey in 2002). My main concern with what James said was that my POA may want to take a look at it. Leads me to believe that it is not in my favor.

Thanks again,

Dean

Dean,

I wouldn't like that factor concern me too much. I talked to my Service Officer yesterday and he said that I would have the decision long before he had his hands on it.

Betty