VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who Else Has A Claim With Appeals Management Center?

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Dear JoAnn:

Becoming or near to being homeless oftentimes gets the VA into action.

Don't worry it will work out for you.

Pete

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello Josephine,

A decision by rating officers that refuse to reconize "evidence of the record", IMO's, SMR's private treatment records etc will generate a denial on a remand. It takes two years to have the BVA review your claim again and say, dang! They didn't do what we requested? So they send it back to the Appeals Management Center for another remand to do exactly what they asked three years ago. Your claim will likely stay in "ready to wait status" at the AMC for a year or two before a rating officer actually reviews your folder. Then they will completely ignore just about anything resembling favorable evidence and get nasty in their denials like, "you didn't have a brain when you enlisted, so you couldn't have developed any mental disorders during service" and deny the claim.

The Cycle repeats itself. Discourging isn't the word for it. It plays on your mind constantly and eats a hole in a persons spirit to experience the injustice, over and over and over again.

If those numbers didn't provoke someone to take a look at your situation, a vet thats been stuck in the,"when pigs fly" pile all these years, especially a Tin Can Navy Vet, ain't likely to get any responce.

Thanks Paul!

I'll call again tomarrow. like you said, maybe I just got ahold of someone that was filling in. The one I talked to, sounded like calling the AMC Directors office for a claims issue, wasn't appropreate. Thats why he said he would have someone call me from claims. If he gave a name, I sure don't remember it.

I've also recieved a letter to reply to AMC at "I" street.

And letter to reply to AMC at "EYE" street.

Allan

Allen,

Your statement is no problem. I guess I just get discusted with the whole blooming mess.

I can't get out of the AMC and I would prefer a denial, just to get out of there.

Is there an answer, I haven't located it to date.

The Court is the best place to be, but don't know how to get there.

Always,

Josephine

Last night I received in the mail a letter from the AMC. My claim has been sent back to the local office for more medical information. I have had two of these now. The BVA said my claim was to be expidited. After reading all of your posts I am very depressed. I am without work due to my disability and living on the charity of a Church. This is the only thing keeping me from being homeless and now I read your posts and I am troubled.

JoAnn

I would write a letter to AMC and state in the letter what you have stating here, "I am without work due to my disability and living on the charity of a Church. This is the only thing keeping me from being homeless"

These people are human and have feelings and it s the holidays, so maybe they will expedite your claim.

Hurryupnwait aka Paul

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello Josephine,

A decision by rating officers that refuse to reconize "evidence of the record", IMO's, SMR's private treatment records etc will generate a denial on a remand. It takes two years to have the BVA review your claim again and say, dang! They didn't do what we requested? So they send it back to the Appeals Management Center for another remand to do exactly what they asked three years ago. Your claim will likely stay in "ready to wait status" at the AMC for a year or two before a rating officer actually reviews your folder. Then they will completely ignore just about anything resembling favorable evidence and get nasty in their denials like, "you didn't have a brain when you enlisted, so you couldn't have developed any mental disorders during service" and deny the claim.

The Cycle repeats itself. Discourging isn't the word for it. It plays on your mind constantly and eats a hole in a persons spirit to experience the injustice, over and over and over again.

If those numbers didn't provoke someone to take a look at your situation, a vet thats been stuck in the,"when pigs fly" pile all these years, especially a Tin Can Navy Vet, ain't likely to get any responce.

Thanks Paul!

I'll call again tomarrow. like you said, maybe I just got ahold of someone that was filling in. The one I talked to, sounded like calling the AMC Directors office for a claims issue, wasn't appropreate. Thats why he said he would have someone call me from claims. If he gave a name, I sure don't remember it.

Allan

Allen,

Your statement is no problem. I guess I just get discusted with the whole blooming mess.

I can't get out of the AMC and I would prefer a denial, just to get out of there.

Always,

Josephine

Allen,

Now that is all said and done, I realize now, that I didn't have any dam sense when I enlisted.

I talked to Ken Smith at Michael Walcoff's office and he assured me that this time the claim would be rated, no matter what kind of lame answer the two psychiatrist came up with.

And when you look at it all, I am not even sure if we are talking about one lady quack that stinks! For I don't see the proper signature by the other quack sitting in the room across from me.

He is only acknowleging the examination.

This is a no win situation.

Always,

Josephine

Allen, believe me if you call the Directors number and ask to speak to Diane Winston and tell them you must speak to her about your claim, this guy will put you through.

Always,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello Josephine,

Thanks Paul!

Allan

Allen,

Always,

Josephine

Allen,

Now that is all said and done, I realize now, that I didn't have any darn sense when I enlisted.

I talked to Ken Smith at Michael Walcoff's office and he assured me that this time the claim would be rated, no matter what kind of lame answer the two psychiatrist came up with.

And when you look at it all, I am not even sure if we are talking about one lady quack that stinks! For I don't see the proper signature by the other quack sitting in the room across from me.

He is only acknowleging the examination.

This is a no win situation.

Always,

Josephine

Allen, believe me if you call the Directors number and ask to speak to Diane Winston and tell them you must speak to her about your claim, this guy will put you through.

Always,

Josephine

JoAnn

Paul,

Thank you for your responce. I guess I should start with the local and push for the exam again as soon as possible. Then push to get it all back to the AMC. I feel like I am chasing my tail. I did some research last night and I could not believe what I found. I have applied for benefits due to MST in 1975 and 76. I am having a hard time proving it. Then I find out that records were not kept for rape until 1996! I was sad when I found this information. My life was changed forever and he continued on to get medals and promotions and had a wonderful career. Arghhhhhhhh!

Jo Ann

I would write a letter to AMC and state in the letter what you have stating here, "I am without work due to my disability and living on the charity of a Church. This is the only thing keeping me from being homeless"

These people are human and have feelings and it s the holidays, so maybe they will expedite your claim.

Hurryupnwait aka Paul