VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wish Me Luck

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

Congrats!!!!

Does the VA have to accept the award letter as evidence?

I am thinking of giving them my SSD Award date and asking for a better Effective Date 1991 as opposed to 1993

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, The award date is the same as disabled date. In my case July 28 2005. The VA had diagnosed my paralyzed diaphragm,pulmonary Hypertension, and heart disease yet they denied IU. I now have this information that the service connected conditions caused me not being able to work. But I am seeking 100% schedular P&T Pulmonary Hypertension associated with heart and lung disease.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is supposed to request your SSDI records but the best thing to do is provide them with the letter yourself showing the award date. If the award from SSA and VA are the same that is strong evidence and the VA must consider it. The VA always asks if the reason you are totally disabled is solely due to your SC condition.

jbasser,

HOORAY!!!! WTG! CONGRATS on the win. So glad to hear you got the fully favorable from the judge. Keep going forward and onto the VA, go get um good, we are all behind you!