VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allsup

Rate this question

MUDMAN

Question

HELLO i was recently denied SS in october i filed in september it took exactley 31 days to the date to get denied .I have filed for reconsideration. I am using allsup as my reps has anyone here used them latley and how long did it take to get your ss approved after the initial denial. I have filed for ss because of ptsd any help appreciated :)

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

questions; first, is there a limit on # of applications one can put in for ssdi within any timeframe or lifetime? Was turned down once, considering trying again, quarters are nearly earned and doc letter in hand. Second, not sure where you are in the process, but, are SSA SSDI and VA TDIU offset against one another>? Thanks.cg

I have been using Allsup for over a year now. My claim has been denied twice and we are waiting

for a date with the administrative judge to appeal. I have been told this process takes anywhere from 2-5 years depending on the case load of the admin. judge in your area. Patience is the key. Allsup has taken care of all the paperwork, filing etc. I also am TDIU. It took only 6 months. SSI will deny you or offer excuses why you should'nt be approved. SSI told me that I should go back to police dispatching, even though I am on methadone, hydrocodone, gabapentin and have a non functioning implant. I asked for a job with SSI in a dispatching setting and was told that I was on narcotic and pain medication and could not be hired. Imagine that! Now, would a police agency hire me under these circumstances?

Patience is the key. Let Allsup work for you. They claim 70 some percent success at the administrative level. Good luck.

Edited by cowgirl

If you have new or more evidence in your favor, apply again and again. I don't believe there is a limkit on number of times you can apply.