VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are There Any Disocunts For Disabled Veterans

Rate this question

labonte1000

Question

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any company out there, that gives a discount for disabled Veterans. I know that DAV.org has a great discount package if you become a life member, which I probably will get, just wondering if there are any other companies etc. that offer discounts as well. Does disney by any chance?

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If you are 100% service connected total and permanent.you can get into any recreation park in the United States FREE.

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 100% and get some nice discounts from hotels and motels When my nephew passed away last summer the Holiday Inn Express cut to $ 64 a normal $ 103 room. You can also get a great deal at many vacation spots. I always ask for discounts it never hurts to ask.

If you are 100%, you are eligible as if you retired after 20 yrs from the service...to take advantage of flying standby on a military plane any where in the world,for free, and staying in housing at any military base, for a small fee...see enclosed site below..

http://www.militaryliving.com/STORE.html

In addition to the helpful hints listed below, you might consider asking for a senior discount if you "look old like me." I used to joke with cashiers about senior discounts until I learned that often they will give

you one unexpectedly. Heck, I received $20 off a car repair in Houston and $15 off a car service in Colorado. I don't expect it, I just mention it half-way joking.

BTW, I do not belong to AARP.

• HadIt.com Elder
If you are 100% service connected total and permanent.you can get into any recreation park in the United States FREE.

mobie

Are you talking about national parks? If so anyone who is 100 percent VA or SSD can get an America the Beautiful Pass. It does not entitle you to free entrance, Just 50 percent off.

If your talking about theme parks, Id like a little more information.