VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa Reached A Decision!

Rate this question

jmack

Question

Ok everyone, I spoke with the SSA DDS about 2 weeks ago and they said that a decision had been reached. They said that they couldn't tell me over the phone but it would be "mailed out tomorrow, or next week". That was 2 weeks ago and I still have not heard anything. Is this good, bad, or a call back again a see if they will give me an answer. What do you brothers and sisters think? This is driving me up the walls.

jmack

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Jmack,

My husband called back and they told him yes on the telephone.

Good Luck,

Josephine

Just this morning, they called my wife for more info, she was a honest as could be and the DDS lady said that she would mail her something to sign. So that seems encouraging. So keep praying.

jmack

jmack,

I would call the SSA at least once a week or so just to check the "status" of your claim. After all it is your claim. It isn't changing anything by calling, but it may give you "piece of mind" until the next phone call or letter from or to them.

I called them all the time. I am a somewhat impatient person and my husband will agree to that one, but it did make me feel at ease for a while when I did call.

It took the SSA quite a while on my claim also along with everyone else, but in the long run I had my answer via the phone before I had my letter in the mail (by about 3 days).

Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Since they called your wife for info , I would call that very encouraging.

When I was appproved I did not know until SS office called me needing information about my kids, I asked why and the lady told me it was for their benefits since I was approved.

Well I took the advice and called again and asked if a decision had been reached. They again said yes but my file had been selected for some kind of quality control, but they wasn't allowed to tell me the decision. So, maybe I will just wait til that is complete.

jmack

• HadIt.com Elder

Happened to me. Its really nothing to worry about they will use it to see if they should proceed a different way. I don't think that unless a really bad mistake has been made that they will change yours. My guess is about 3 or 4 weeks.

Sorry it has happened to several here. I won my claim by the way.

Sounds like you could get some good news to me.

I got an award letter last week but have not heard from the local office to set up payment. The award letter did state that the case could be 'reviewed'. This must be the quality control thing they do.

I don't know for sure but I don't think they 'review' denied claims unless the claimant requests it (Review Council). I finally won mine after a Review Council Remand and new Hearing.

Hope it's good

Time