VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa Reached A Decision!

Rate this question

jmack

Question

Ok everyone, I spoke with the SSA DDS about 2 weeks ago and they said that a decision had been reached. They said that they couldn't tell me over the phone but it would be "mailed out tomorrow, or next week". That was 2 weeks ago and I still have not heard anything. Is this good, bad, or a call back again a see if they will give me an answer. What do you brothers and sisters think? This is driving me up the walls.

jmack

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If I am approved, what comes first the "chicken or the egg" oops I mean official notification in the mail or direct deposit money in the bank. Just thought that I add a little humor to a lot of frustrations.

Jmack

The waiting part comes first then your SSD direct deposit. I have been waiting since Aug 2007. Finally on Jan 16,2008 I will be receiving my first direct deposit. There is a 5 month waiting period before anyone receives their first direct deposit. I was approved on the first round and then it was sent to Quality control @ Dallas Regional Office. :rolleyes: Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

Like Chongo says its kind of the 5 month wait and if you have that out of way should be pretty soon if all the paper work is out of the way. If you have kids don't forget that they should get about half of your check also.

The waiting part comes first then your SSD direct deposit. I have been waiting since Aug 2007. Finally on Jan 16,2008 I will be receiving my first direct deposit. There is a 5 month waiting period before anyone receives their first direct deposit. I was approved on the first round and then it was sent to Quality control @ Dallas Regional Office. :rolleyes: Good luck.

Chongo

Thanks and congrats on your award. I am waiting on quality control also.

Jmack

Like Chongo says its kind of the 5 month wait and if you have that out of way should be pretty soon if all the paper work is out of the way. If you have kids don't forget that they should get about half of your check also.

Pete

It should be any day now huh? :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

Social Security has a number and unlike the VA they usually answer your questions. I can't say a few days but I would guess soon.