VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Bash Is The Man!

Rate this topic

rdawg

Guest rickb054
I just got a call from the american legion...

DDD of the lumbar spine 20%

IBS 10%

fracture toe 0%

scar 0%

20 months of retro at 30% w/spouse and 2 children.

Before Dr. Bash's IMO they wouldn't give me the time of day. After I asked for a reconsideration my claim was in the rating board for 30 days but with the rater for only 1 day. Berta was right, evidence wins claims. They rated everything off of Dr. Bash's measurements, I never had a C&P exam.

Thanks Berta and all here at Hadit.

Congratulations on your win, but I just don't understand why any vet would need to pay for an IMO.

VA doctors will write an IMO for free if the medical evidence is there, and so won't military doctors if you are retired.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats, Dr. Bash seems to be a Godsend! I applied for and am still waiting on my dependents to be added for my increased comp. Was told could be next year.

Rickb, I think each VA center has a different personality with the same mission and regulations. Don't ya think staff employees and doctors seem to wear two hats, care providers and compensation interpeter? Maybe some can pull it off. some can't. Some vets (like Me!)have a hard time advocating for self in the foreign world of the VA and need big time help while we are still breathing.

Congratulations on your win, but I just don't understand why any vet would need to pay for an IMO.

VA doctors will write an IMO for free if the medical evidence is there, and so won't military doctors if you are retired.

Edited by cowgirl

RickB,

I've never been to a VA Dr. I've had private insurance since seperation. When I asked my Drs to write a note they all said they did not want to get involved or did not want to "open that can of worms". My only option at the time was a fee IMO. I was not eligble for VA care because I was classified as priority 8 and they just recently started allowing 8's back into the system.

but I just don't understand why any vet would need to pay for an IMO

Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it impossible to exist.

Rdawg

• HadIt.com Elder

Dr Bash is usually used for claims that are in trouble. He has quite a successful IMO writer as If I recall correctly he worked for the VA for a number of years and knows what is needed. In my opinion his fees are pretty stiff but the feedback is he will go over a claim and let the Vet know if its a winner or not.

I paid $ 350 for my Outside Medical Opinion and feel it was the best investment I ever made. I am laying out the facts as I see them. Most here advise that you should consider and outside Medical Opinion and a few tout Dr Bash cause he produced for them.

To bad it is not so easy to get a good medical opinion from your VA Doctor.

Guest rickb054
Dr Bash is usually used for claims that are in trouble. He has quite a successful IMO writer as If I recall correctly he worked for the VA for a number of years and knows what is needed. In my opinion his fees are pretty stiff but the feedback is he will go over a claim and let the Vet know if its a winner or not.

I paid $ 350 for my Outside Medical Opinion and feel it was the best investment I ever made. I am laying out the facts as I see them. Most here advise that you should consider and outside Medical Opinion and a few tout Dr Bash cause he produced for them.

To bad it is not so easy to get a good medical opinion from your VA Doctor.

I understand why vets pay for an opinion, what I shouid have said was it is a shame some veterans have to pay for an opiniion.

I had great success getting Medical opinions from va doctors, and military doctors as well, and it was never hard to do, I just asked for the opinion and provided a copy of my active duty medical records and before you know it I was service connected. I even convinced a C&P examiner to write a nexus statement for my copd based on my active duty medical records. As you know C&P examiners are not supposed to write nexus statements just confirm the medical facts presented to them.

I just got a call from the american legion...

DDD of the lumbar spine 20%

IBS 10%

fracture toe 0%

scar 0%

20 months of retro at 30% w/spouse and 2 children.

Before Dr. Bash's IMO they wouldn't give me the time of day. After I asked for a reconsideration my claim was in the rating board for 30 days but with the rater for only 1 day. Berta was right, evidence wins claims. They rated everything off of Dr. Bash's measurements, I never had a C&P exam.

Thanks Berta and all here at Hadit.

GREAT JOB, Good to go!