VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Losartain Substitued For Lisonopril

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yesterday I got my prescription for Losartan a substitute for the Lisonopril I am taking. The instructions for taking on the bottle are completely bogus take one-half tablet by mouth every day for nephropathy. So I looked it up and it is for end stage renal failure and I thought it was to lower my blood pressure.

Oh well if I remember I guess I will ask my Doc in 4 months.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Losartan is geberic for Cozzar. It is also used as a BP medicine. I was on it after lisonipril quit working for me. I had to switch to a higher dose of Lisonipril. (40mg) and add metropolol, norvasc.

what is the med for... i have been taking serquol for years and Zolft and all of a sudden i found some of this in my meds i also thought it was for high Blood P... and i dont have high BP so why did they send it to me...they are pink little pills..

• HadIt.com Elder

Malpractice?

Yesterday I got my prescription for Losartan a substitute for the Lisonopril I am taking. The instructions for taking on the bottle are completely bogus take one-half tablet by mouth every day for nephropathy. So I looked it up and it is for end stage renal failure and I thought it was to lower my blood pressure.

Oh well if I remember I guess I will ask my Doc in 4 months.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think so Chuck. I like my VA Gatekeeper Doc and I feel that she is trying to help me.

Edited by Pete53
Typo