VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Nsc Disability + Social Security Questions

Rate this question

csfour1950

Question

Just last Friday (Nov. 30th I think) I got the brown envelope from the VA. I've been granted a non-service connected disability pension.

My question is two part, (1) Will that VA documentation etc. help in being able to get some form of Social Security benefits (I'm 57)? and (2) I've seen people here talking about Allsup, Inc. Are they good folks to work with in getting assistance?

The VA said under 4. Entitlement to nonservice-connected pension (in part), "The evidence shows you are disabled due to disabilities of depression and anxiety, left hip disorder, lumbrosacral disorder, and skin disorder."

Thanks in advance for any insight.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

this much i do know..congrats by the way on your award from the va..write me back and let me know how long it took you from decision to envelope,in hand..1,2,3weeks???

now yes it will help your claim for disability.no gurantee, they operate[ssd]on a different level,different ballpark...different rules!!keep in mind you cannot collect ssdi and nsc pension together..1 or the other..pension is 910.00 monthly? and what ever your disability from ss will be, you may want to collect the pension while you wait for ssd to be approved then comes a decision,, ssd vs. pension??which ever is greater?? ssd is very srict and pension not so much..ssd allows you to work,for i believe 8 months at a cap of 6-800.00 per month per year as an attempt to return to work without penalty..you really need to discuss this with a ss rep.for all the logistics..you cannot collect pension and ssd at the same time...you can collect service-connected comp. and ssd at the same time..peace, bill

Thanks for the info Bill. My exams (C&P) were done by July 19, 2007 and I got the envelope Nov. 30, 2007. I went thru the VA in Salt Lake City for the C&P part. I'll have to check to see what my last statement regarding projected benefits from the Social Security Administration was. From filing till now (I began the whole thing in Austin, TX)it appears my retro will be something over $16,000, so I'm definitely not complaining, down to 84 cents in my checking account at the moment.

Once again, thank you very much for answering my questions.

correction ssd will allow you to attempt to work at a cap of?? for 8months..then you have to tell them you just cant do it..no problem..take a few months off..and try again 7-8 months, sorrry cant do it..get the picture???good luck to you...my VSO rep was just informed last thursday i got pension as well i was wondering how long till the check comes?? 1-2-3 weeks?? bill

Edited by williamn