VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Nsc Disability + Social Security Questions

Rate this question

csfour1950

Question

Just last Friday (Nov. 30th I think) I got the brown envelope from the VA. I've been granted a non-service connected disability pension.

My question is two part, (1) Will that VA documentation etc. help in being able to get some form of Social Security benefits (I'm 57)? and (2) I've seen people here talking about Allsup, Inc. Are they good folks to work with in getting assistance?

The VA said under 4. Entitlement to nonservice-connected pension (in part), "The evidence shows you are disabled due to disabilities of depression and anxiety, left hip disorder, lumbrosacral disorder, and skin disorder."

Thanks in advance for any insight.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

William,

Glad to hear another vet from Florida, need answer to a question.

Since I see you have NSC pension, how much do they add per dependent?

I currently have claims in for increase,NSC pension, and IU. Told decision was made 13 Nov..

Since then just been waiting, 1-800 folks just say it with authorization??

Thanks,

Rize

wow, you got alot of irons in the fire there[shotgun effect], thats the way you have to deal with these folks.. throw enough %&@# against the wall, something will stick!!! Now, i don't think their is an increase for nsc pension w./ dependents?? its a flat rate i think?? im single thank god. its bs enough going through this process alone, let alone with kid or family. though i know it happens everyday.shame on the VA!! i answered your personal message,also......{pete,?, ?, could you chime in on this.} peace, william n

Edited by williamn

Congrats on the NSC - it is offset by any SSA- or SSI- as everyone has said-

I wush you could have gotten direct SC VA disability-were you incountry Nam?

Nothing at all they could service connect?

ALLSUP has a good success rate-

they can assess your claims potential-I believe-right over the net-or by phone- they have a free consult link at the site-

and there is a fee but I have heard from some who sure didnt mind the fee when they succeeded in getting the SSA.

http://www.allsup.com/

cffour1950:

I went the route you did, I got a ncs pension first, then I took all my records and filed for SSDI.

If you win your claim with SSDI, it will depend on how much it is. I believe you have to be disabled and unable to work for 6 months before you can apply or be eligible for SSDI, also be ready to pay some of your award back to the VA, It was already done for me by their accounting at SSDI

I lost out on my Pension because my SSDI award was for more than my pension. but it was nice to get more money than the pension per month, I could still use a bit more. only got a 2.3 cost of living raise this year, by the time they got through taking out more for medicare, I made about a 12 dollar rasie. It kind of hurts, becasue the programs that help me out have income limits and they count SSDI in that figure. I can't even get food stamps, or any of the city, and county programs.

I could use a nice grant to do something about my utility needs, retrofiting for more cost efficent water heating and to get some new windows that don't leak air so bad.

Good luck on you attempts at SSDI, just make sure you have as much medical information, includeing medications that keep you from operating equiptment or machinery, Personal statements from friends or family who see how you live from day to day. The more information the better.

Rockhound