VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting And Nervous

Rate this question

bluenote

Question

Since the last time I looked for help here w/no success--I searched the Internet and finally came up with someone willing to help,I found out that my claim that I filed a few years ago for Guillain Barre Syndrome and was given Medical only by the VA-- should have been Rated and triggered a VA Reconsideration to determine if my discharge was under Other Than Dishonorable conditions. For some reason they didn't do this........... Thanks Dan

Edited by CaravanDan

Thanks for posting this.

I was in a unit in Germany where I went to sick call.

I couldn't swallow(pharyngitis), tonsilitis, etc.

The medical officer PA did a throat culture, and I tested positive for Strep.

I was never told I had strep, yet the PA knew  from the throat culture results, yet he entered flu-like symptoms in my records and would not provide the standard of care by providing antibiotics.

Instead, the PA gave me a flu vaccination when he knew I had strep.

The cover of my medical records jacket boldly indicated I was allergic to flu shots.

That PA(warrant officer) tried to kill me with the flu shot when he knew I was allergic to flu shots and my immune system was compromised(weak).

My illness was allowed to progress for almost a year and my symptoms kept me returning to sick call over and again.

My condition was allowed to deterirorate  to where my cardiac function, and my kidney function was compromised.

23 years old and my heartbeat became irregular, and my blood pressure shot up to 186/105.

Was struggling to urinate as well.

It was at this point I felt I was going to die that he gave me a script of ampicillin and I began to gradually feel better.

Oh...BTW the medical officer kept me doing PT and working in my infantry unit even as sick as I was.

Being in a foreign country, I had zero access to civilian medical providers.

Edited by 63Charlie

These Videos will show the side of being paralyzed ,,, One is Guillain Barre like I had only difference is its a Now a day type private Hospital where he had family and all that fancy Equipment that wasn't what was in a VA Hospital over 40 years ago... Myself I was many states away from Family,,my Wife an 2 children lived off base and she Came once with my Commander that drove her to the VA Hospital in Boston as the Base hospital said I was to severe to be treated there,, she Hooked up with another at the Base and moved away with him while I was Paralyzed in the VA so had nobody to care over me other than staff that was horrible,,abusive in so many ways and that's where the 2nd Video shows a young man trapped in a dead body for YEARS and you will hear his incredible story of recovery and the REAL LIFE ABUSE that does happen,,every Abuse he spoke of is exactly what I experienced in that VA Hospital..

On 11/19/2019 at 3:27 AM, CaravanDan said:

Slowly but surely things are changing for us that suffer..This week, after New Yorkers commemorated Veterans’ Day, Senator Brad Hoylman and Assembly Member Didi Barrett’s Restoration of Honor Act (S.45B/A.8097) was signed into law by Governor Andrew Cuomo. This legislation would extend state veterans benefits to New Yorkers who were less than honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces due to their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military sexual trauma, traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder. With the passage of this legislation, these veterans will now be able to access state benefits for which they were previously ineligible.https://www.sageusa.org/news-posts/electeds-restoration-of-honor-act-signed-into-law-finally-restoring-equal-rights-to-lgbtq-veterans/                                    https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/a8097

I was told I was the first in New York State to be granted NY Veterans Benefits but it ended up being a Joke as all NY State Vet Benefits involve having a disability rating..NY wont..cant rate only the VA can..OTH Vets dont get rates for anything..you could be totally service disabled like myself an get NOTHING.. Same ole shit con job..

I am sure it would apply to any veteran with an OTH, because many "bad paper" vets succeeded by taking all th steps I posted here for you and others many years ago.

I havent read the link yet-but thanks for it-

We had a bad paper vet here recently-and his BP was turned into Honorable Discharge and he went through hell before he aggressively  fought back.

I helped a Bad Paper vet long ago and he too got an Honorable Discharge-

Nothing is impossible- it just takes a LOT of work , sometimes.

Edited by Berta
CTS

"This legislation would extend state veterans benefits to New Yorkers who were less than honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces due to their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military sexual trauma, traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder"

This is old news- Gov Cuomo quit due to the 2 scandals he was invovled in.

But is still is good news for TBI and PTSD veterans ,many who have already gained their proper Service connected ratings.

And same sex marriges are, by law,( dont have that date)those  who fully meet the spouse criteria ,have had quite  some time now, the ability to be compensated by VA , if a surviving spouse of a deceased veteran  applied for DIC under the DIC regulations, and they are given the same chance we survivors of a veteran all have, to prove their same sex spouse died , and their death fallsunder the DIC regulations.