VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am Sooooooooo Angry

Rate this question

wjack12412

Question

My Dad just received his Brown Envelope and he was DENIED FOR EVERYTHING. He has Asbestiosis, Sleep Apnea, Pulmonary Hypertension and Cluster Headaches. He was told that the Asbestos was caused by his job that he did when after he got out the Navy. He was told by his job when he filed a Worksmans Comp claim that his Asbestos was caused by the Navy. Tomorrow I will be going to his house to see the letter to begin doing an immediate Notice of Disagreement. We will be sending in the letter from the previous doctor's saying he got it from the Navy. The pulmonary hypertension and sleep apnea is secondary to his asbestos so I think. He said he began getting cluster headaches when he was in Vietnam on the ships and them shooting the guns causing him sever headaches. I will be getting a buddy statement to tell about how they would shoot the guns and it would cause hiim great distress. Any other assistance to help my Dad will be anticipated, because as some of you Vietnam Vets know they find ways to screw you. Here I am 100% and he damn near can't breath and they tell him NO. I WILL FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wjack, I need some more info. I also have Pulmonary Hypertension associated with Lung Disease.

You need his doc to write a nexus letter stating that your fathers naval rating or Job as well as being aboard ship that contained asbestos insulation was his first exposure. Then his Civiian occupation was his second exposure. Link both exposures together so they cannot play one against the other. Once you get the asbestos Service connected ask for 100 percent schedular because of Pulmonary hypertension.

That disease in itself is the most serious. It is an automatic 100 percent when associated with Lung disease. ( Does not matter what the Lung disease is rated at.)

Ask for a DRO and If need be, I can assist or even write you a letter. ( I was a Naval Asbestos Worker specialized in shipboard removal) and have the credentials in the service record to back it up.

Wjack,

NOD info:

Study Chapter 5:

http://www.warms.vba.va.gov/M21_1MR.html

Also, search the hadit site on writing the NOD.

Yes, you fight the good fight - others will bop in here, jbasser will

help you too. Don't you give up on this, I know you won't but

VA hopes you will.

jmho,

carlie

It is good that your Dad has you to help him and that in and of itself is great! Sorry that they are doing this to you Dad's claim.

Here is a quote - oldie but goodie - Don't get mad - get EVEN!

Wjack, I need some more info. I also have Pulmonary Hypertension associated with Lung Disease.

You need his doc to write a nexus letter stating that your fathers naval rating or Job as well as being aboard ship that contained asbestos insulation was his first exposure. Then his Civiian occupation was his second exposure. Link both exposures together so they cannot play one against the other. Once you get the asbestos Service connected ask for 100 percent schedular because of Pulmonary hypertension.

That disease in itself is the most serious. It is an automatic 100 percent when associated with Lung disease. ( Does not matter what the Lung disease is rated at.)

Ask for a DRO and If need be, I can assist or even write you a letter. ( I was a Naval Asbestos Worker specialized in shipboard removal) and have the credentials in the service record to back it up.

Jbasser,

My Dad is a Retired Damage Controlman and although he is able to still somewhat enjoy life about 8 years ago he was diagnosed with asbestos and he put in for Workmans Comp and everyone of those doctors claim that he received got asbestos from being exposed in the Navy. He served on every old asbestos ship. We are going to send his previous doctors notes stating it was from him being in the Navy. :rolleyes: Thank you guys so much. I am trying to remain positive, but my Dad is the reason I joined the Navy, because he spoke so highly of the places and things he did that I wanted to do the same. I was given 100% within 14 months of my retirement.

On asbestos claims- I highly recommend that the vet spell out their actual shipboard MOS-the DD 214 might not reflect what they did to expose them to asbestos-

Did the VA send his claim through the VA PIES co- ordinator?

Seems to me they sure took the easy way out-

Has he considered getting into any of the asbestos class action lawsuits?

Also- was he refused Workman's Comp due to that statement by the employer? Do you have documentation of that?

This most surely will take a good medical opinion from a real doctor-

was he actually exposed to asbestos at all post-service?

Definitely fight this!