VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Check From Ss But Larger Amount

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife got her Social Security Check today and it was for $ 184 more than last months. We have received no information or correspondence and don't want to stir up a hornets nest either. Its also to soon for COLA although we were pretty sure pretty sure it will not be much more than 21 dollars for the COLA.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie:

I look at it this way. If I don't have it and its their fault than I guess they can get it paid back over time with no interest. Sort of the way they treat us.

I went to SS website and asked for a password so we can access our accounts online.

• HadIt.com Elder

It may be an adjustment check. Earlier this year I received an extra $2400 deposited in my acct. A few days later I received a letter explaining they'd made an error in my rate and this was to correct it and it explained what my new rate would be. Surprising since my award dates back to 1999. Just a thought. You're right, I believe the COLA won't show up until February's check/deposit. Also any overpayment made by them should also be requested to be waived, just like a VA overpayment.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

• HadIt.com Elder

This sounds like deja'vu, all over again. :rolleyes:

When I got out of the Corps, a month later my Dad calls, "Son, you gotta a check here from the Crotch."

I said for him to hang onto it and I'd be by to pick it up later.

So, I go by his place a couple weeks later and pick up my USMC "payroll" check.

Then, at the first of the NEXT month my Dad calls me again.

Again, a couple weeks later, I goes by his place, pick up my "payroll" check, have a beer with my Dad and sit there and shoot tha sh*t.............then the next month....well, you get the picture, yes?

For over a year, me getting a check, me calling the Crotch, me getting a check, me callin the Crotch...........and all the time, I'm putting these checks in a seperate bank account.....KNOWING that I'm gonna have to pay 'em back, right?

5 years went by

8 years,

9years

then I realize that my Dad and I have stopped with the monthly beer meetings.........

and my Dad isn't gonna be around much longer...........so we had the darndest beer party that I could arrange.....just a bunch of old Jarheads, buddies of my Dad's when he was in the Corps.

and he passed 5 months later.

Thanks, USMC and whoever the little clerk was that kept me in the system!

Semper Fi!

• HadIt.com Elder

Larry:

I want to be cremated for $ 995 special and my friends and family meet at my house and have a real Irish Wake. At least I won't have to worry about some low life robbing my house while everyone is at the Funeral.

Pete