VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd Consult/exam?

Rate this question

william n

Question

hello all, filed functional report few days ago,got a call today asking me to report too "industrial medicine assoc." , St Pete,fla....on Dec. 26th. That is quick! though im not all too excited, they may just want to hurry up and deny the case..?? don't know? i went to there dr. in 1991 and was awarded..we'll see how this goes.. can i call ahead and ask what the exam is specifically for?? [phys./mental.]?? i have MDD,with ssd.....PTSD, pending with VA. help please? William n

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Call and see what the exam is for. When I went for my exam for ssd it was for my ptsd I brought all my meds in and all supporting medical evidence. It was like a va c&p exam. Also you can get a copy of the exam wait a week or to and contact ssd and ask for a copy of the exam. If the exam goes in your favor use the exam for evidence in your va claim. good luck

Call and see what the exam is for. When I went for my exam for ssd it was for my ptsd I brought all my meds in and all supporting medical evidence. It was like a va c&p exam. Also you can get a copy of the exam wait a week or to and contact ssd and ask for a copy of the exam. If the exam goes in your favor use the exam for evidence in your va claim. good luck

ok...this is what happened today. i'm in st. pete, fla. the examiner from dds is in miami. he gave me appt. in my town but by bus its 1 1/2 hrs...told him i'm not refusing the exam i cant physically endure the ride there and back..he called me back with a much closer location and told me its for phys./psyc....i said no problem i can make that one,its alot closer..were back on. now my question to you is are they one sided? or did you get the impression it was biased and were doomed for denial?? and yes i'll definitely use it for my SC claim and PTSD claim..i'll use them hopefully as my IMO..thanks for the input. any help you can think of, let me know, please. i go the 26th of Dec..regards. william n

ok...this is what happened today. i'm in st. pete, fla. the examiner from dds is in miami. he gave me appt. in my town but by bus its 1 1/2 hrs...told him i'm not refusing the exam i cant physically endure the ride there and back..he called me back with a much closer location and told me its for phys./psyc....i said no problem i can make that one,its alot closer..were back on. now my question to you is are they one sided? or did you get the impression it was biased and were doomed for denial?? and yes i'll definitely use it for my SC claim and PTSD claim..i'll use them hopefully as my IMO..thanks for the input. any help you can think of, let me know, please. i go the 26th of Dec..regards. william n

The ssd shrink was really nice. she was contracted out by ssd. So she did not work for ssd. Just bring your medical evidence and all you meds in there bottles with you if you are taking meds for the mental issues. Explain the sideffects of the meds. When you see the shrink think of your worst day and go in there like that. I did not get the felling she was agianst me in my exam.

The ssd shrink was really nice. she was contracted out by ssd. So she did not work for ssd. Just bring your medical evidence and all you meds in there bottles with you if you are taking meds for the mental issues. Explain the sideffects of the meds. When you see the shrink think of your worst day and go in there like that. I did not get the felling she was agianst me in my exam.

THANK YOU SIR...your a gentleman and a scholar..william n

okaaaaayyyyy, i had the Physical Exam at "Industrial Medical Assoc.", St. Pete, Fla.,,it went ok, however i could not believe the operation they had running.6-8 exam rooms all full[ssd clients?]who knows.. the doctor spent 9 minutes with me[timed him],, it took me longer to get dressed.. he put me through the motions[that i could perform] and said see the girl on the way out..that was it. i called the disability examiner in Miami,Fla. who has my claim currently for SSD and told him to go ahead with the evidence he now has in front of him and with the results of this recent exam, he ordered. i asked him which way he was leaning, he would,nt say..wants to see the results of the exam on 12/28/07. i did'nt bother to call today..i'll just wait and see...thats all folks, keep you posted and hope all Have a Great New Year!!

Edited by williamn

JUST WANTED TO UPDATE YOU FOLKS.....went for the Psych Eval. at the office of Billie Jo Hatton,Psychologist,MD. Largo, Fla. yesterday. She stated to my surprise, she was going to interview me for PTSD..WOW ! i said go right ahead, to myself ,, She spent abount 45 mins. with me and all went bad/well,,..i think.. she said the SS office would have her narrative pretty quickly. okay, i thought, this is going to be my IME for my SC claim. beautiful, i'm thinking...well see soon enough...keep ya posted ! william n