VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

wapiti

Question

In 2006 I was given an initial rating of 30% for PTSD. I asked for a rate increase and had my C&P exam on 8/15/07. The doctor gave me a GAF of 35. He stated that I was totally impaired in occupational adjustment and capacity, as well as being impaired in most areas of social functioning. His current level of adjustment requires continuing psychotropic medication. The VA sent their reply on Nov. 7, 07. They denied my claim for a rate increase keeping my rate at 30%. Their reply was as if they did not read or look at my C&P exam. I talked to a VVA VSO and he told me to go to a private doctor for the PTSD exam, and then file a NOD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed next ? Thanks for any suggestions

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Berta,

Everyone of you who have dealt with the VA maize before me have great info. I never make new year resolutions, but this coming year I am going to fight for my VA benefits, and as I learn the ropes, help other vets.

Yes, I will get a copy of my Voc Rehab records and the reason I was turned down.

Wapiti

Happy New Year everyone,

I have the ph. # for the Am Vets in Winston-Salem which is in the same building with the VA, I am calling them in the morning.

I am also thinking about sending Elizabeth Dole my C&P exam to see what reaction I get from them.

I am no longer going to use the current VSO that I have, she just fills in the forms and sends them in, offers no suggestions or directions, Well this is like the preacher talking to the choir, most of you already know the problems with vso's.

Wapiti

I applied for Voc Rehab in 08/2006 and that is when I was turned down. I mailed a letter today asking for my file and the reason for denial of voc rehab. I don't remember who my counselor was, but it will be in my files. I may ask for for your e-file when I get my records.

I also sent an email today to the Am Vets office which is located in the VA regional office building.

Also good luck with your claim.

Congressman Patrick McHenry will be giving a seminar in Lenoir this coming Monday. I am going to hand deliver a copy of my C&P exam along with the VA's denial letter to him. He may not read it, but I am going to give it to him.

Senator Burr (NC) is the Ranking Commmitee member for the Senate Committee on Veterans Afaiars -have you ever contacted him?