VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

wapiti

Question

In 2006 I was given an initial rating of 30% for PTSD. I asked for a rate increase and had my C&P exam on 8/15/07. The doctor gave me a GAF of 35. He stated that I was totally impaired in occupational adjustment and capacity, as well as being impaired in most areas of social functioning. His current level of adjustment requires continuing psychotropic medication. The VA sent their reply on Nov. 7, 07. They denied my claim for a rate increase keeping my rate at 30%. Their reply was as if they did not read or look at my C&P exam. I talked to a VVA VSO and he told me to go to a private doctor for the PTSD exam, and then file a NOD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed next ? Thanks for any suggestions

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Senator Burr (NC) is the Ranking Commmitee member for the Senate Committee on Veterans Afaiars -have you ever contacted him?

Berta,

I called Sen. Burr's office today in Winston-Salem. I talked to their VA rep. and he told me to file my appeal to the DRO, and as soon as I do, I should call him back and then he will work on it from his end. He said I should fill out a form 9.

I received my acknowledgement letter today about my Voc Rehab file.

As soon as I get everything assembled, do I write a short letter asking for DRO. Any examples of how to write the letter and how to arrange the new evidence.

Thanks

You might have answered my past questions but I cant find the answer-

Did you get a VCAA letter saying Impotant Reply Reqyested- and then enclosed with it did you get a VCAA election form- whereby you elect one of the 2 boxes?

This is supposed to come prior to any denial-and prior to the DRO election form-

also If you have gotten some shrink records you mentioned =as well as Voc Rebah stuff -I suggest you file for a Reconsideration-

this does not stop the year NOD clock but in certain situations a reconsideration request can get things moving faster and get a better decision.

Your vet rep would know how to prepare this (I hope)

PS -I must sound like a broken record to many here all the time-but to anyone new here-

if you receive a VCAA letter that is non complaint with the VCAA regs-(meaning it must contain a bold typed and underlined statement of what they need that is specific to your claim) and if you do not receive an election response form-

(and therefore the VA can deny your claim saying you never responded to what they never sent you)

your claim is DOOMED!!!!

I have gone over this fact with the Chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee

in detail and have referred him to numerous VA documents that support this fact-

as well as James Terry's annual BVA report.

He is trying to reduce the backlog-

but the RO continues the backlog everytime they violate the VCAA.

Edited by Berta