VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

wapiti

Question

In 2006 I was given an initial rating of 30% for PTSD. I asked for a rate increase and had my C&P exam on 8/15/07. The doctor gave me a GAF of 35. He stated that I was totally impaired in occupational adjustment and capacity, as well as being impaired in most areas of social functioning. His current level of adjustment requires continuing psychotropic medication. The VA sent their reply on Nov. 7, 07. They denied my claim for a rate increase keeping my rate at 30%. Their reply was as if they did not read or look at my C&P exam. I talked to a VVA VSO and he told me to go to a private doctor for the PTSD exam, and then file a NOD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed next ? Thanks for any suggestions

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the invite!

By the way Senator Burr was at yesterday's subcommittee hearing and raised a bill that would give PTSD veterans a stipend as they waited for their claims to be resolved-

they would need the PTSD diagnosis and also would need to participate in treatment for PTSD-

I quess the stipend would be deducted from any retro they could be due-

unfortunately I watched the hearing right after he spoke and Charles Kelley emailed me what he caught from it-but we didn't catch the bill number-

It was be posted today somewhere on the net-

an unusual idea-probably is both good and bad.

If anyone has the S # for the bill please let me know-

I will look at my folder from Voc Rehab. I haven't filed for TDIU yet. I am going to try to get a new VSO next week

Thanks

Voc rehab is very good evidence both for the va and ssd. Make sure you request copys ans send it in with your dro. File fot iu now do not wait.