VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssd

Rate this question

Lee Mullins

Question

I am going to the judge feb 11 and I was wondering what all I need to take with me. I was hurt at work I broke both of my legs in feb 2006 I haft to use a cane to get around now. I applied for ssd and I was denied after I was denied I got my disability from the va for my PTSD 70% Tinnitus 10% right knee10% left knee 10% undignosed on a testicular mass 0% and I am now being evaluated for TBI. I have finaley recived the rating of 100% PT should this help me with getting ssd I donot know what to do my lawer is a little funny but he has done a good job for me should I set a meeting with him befoure we go to see the judge and give him some more paper work or just let my clames stand as they are ?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When I went to the ALJ he told me that my VA disability will not automatically make get SSDI. He said that they will look at the VA records but just because VA says you are 100% doesn't mean that you are by SSA's standards. I ended up winning my claim and I only had 50% from the VA.. I am now trying to get TDIU from the VA. I won my SSDI claim on only Serv. Conn. conditions. The first go round the RO denied it. I am waiting on a DRO review. DJ8

i have my ssd hearing with the alj, on thursday febuary 14th, i was denied the first time around, michigan has no reconsideration so it went straight to the hearing level , i have waited 2 years for this day have alot of anxtiety. i have ptsd 100% dissability bipollar and ocd ,when i applied in the begiging on was going just bye my ptsd at that time and only was 30% sincee then i have 100% percent ptsd, now had my bipolar diognosieand ocd i am using allsup as well and my voc rehab counsler says also i'm not employebale as well as my doctors what do and i spent the whole summer of 2006 in physc ward in battle creek what do you think of the alj aproveing my ssd bennifits this time around

i have my ssd hearing with the alj, on thursday febuary 14th, i was denied the first time around, michigan has no reconsideration so it went straight to the hearing level , i have waited 2 years for this day

I have the same problem, same screwed up state. You waited two years from when? I have been waiting for my ALJ hearing since Oct 2006 when I was disapproved. Since then the SSA has started their version of the wounded warriors act, which means my claim should be expedited at every level (can u say bullcrap!)

How did your hearing go?