VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Have C&p Exam For Hearing Loss. When Did The Army

Rate this question

fogcloud

Question

I have a c&p exam end of January. When did the Army require ear plugs for the firing and grenade ranges? I did my basic in 1968 at Ft. Leonard Wood and I do not ever recall using them.

I do remenber using them once around 1972 at Ft. Bliss durning requalification. Any help would be appreciated.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I did my training 1968-69 at Ft Bliss and we had them but no one used them. We sort of wore them as a decoration or cause the drill sgt said we had to have them.

What earplugs?........I have never seen any ear plugs in basic or ait either NAM in 67 & 68.... I smoked so I took the cigarett filters and spit on them and used them as ear plugs.. It was rough , but it helped a little at the moment. A MAD Minute with a Mech Unit at 2am would definitely get your attention......

Guest terrysturgis

I was with HHB 108th Arty in Vietnam. I was drafted in 1968 and do not recall being offered or using any hearing protection. I am service connected at 0% hearing loss and 10% tinnitus. Several things come to mind for my claim.

I had an independant medical opinion from an audiologist (outside of the VA) that suggested my hearing loss and tinnitus was more likely than not caused by exposure to artillery.

My tinnitus (ringing in my ears) is constant.

My service exit exam showed hearing loss. The C&P examiner had my medical records and the hearing test upon induction till getting out in 1970 and the records showed hearing loss, therefore nexus and service connection. I also sent a tape I made in my room talking to my wife and every time the 155's stationed across the street fired it would peg the dials. I'm not sure the tape helped but I can tell you evidence wins claims.

After your C&P go to the release of information office and fill out the paperwork to get a copy of the C&P. Good Luck. Terry Sturgis