Regulations.gov

Monday, December 10, 2007

Unified Agenda

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

38 CFR Ch. I

Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions

AGENCY: Department of Veterans Affairs.

ACTION: Semiannual regulatory agenda.

SUMMARY: This agenda announces the regulations that the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) will have under development or review during the 12-month period beginning in the fall 2007. The purpose in publishing the Department’s regulatory agenda is to allow all interested persons the opportunity to

participate in VA’s regulatory planning.

ADDRESSES: Interested persons are invited to comment on the entries listed in the agenda by contacting the individual agency contact listed for each entry or by writing to: Director, Regulations Management (00REG), Department of Veterans Affairs, 810 Vermont Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20420.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Janet Coleman at (202) 273-9145.

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: This document is issued pursuant to Executive Order 12866 "Regulatory Planning and Review" (and implementing guidance) and the Regulatory Flexibility Act, which require that executive agencies semiannually publish in the Federal Register an agenda of regulations that they will have under development or review.

This edition of the Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions includes The Regulatory Plan, which appears in both the online Unified Agenda and in part II of the Federal Register that includes the Unified Agenda. VA’s Statement of Regulatory Priorities is included in the Plan.

NAME: Robert C. McFetridge,

Assistant to the Secretary, Regulation Policy and Management (00REG).

Department of Veterans Affairs - Proposed Rule

Title

Regulation

Identifier Number

Education Provisions of the Veterans Programs Enhancement Act of 1998 2900-AJ68

Burial Benefits 2900-AL72

Apportionments to Dependents and Payments to Fiduciaries and Incarcerated Beneficiaries 2900-AL74

Special Ratings 2900-AL88

Payments to Beneficiaries Who Are Eligible for More Than One Benefit 2900-AL95

Improved Pension 2900-AM04

Payments and Adjustments to Payments 2900-AM06

Service-Connected Disability Compensation 2900-AM07

VA Benefit Claims 2900-AM16

Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA)--Expansion of Benefit Coverage for Enuretic Devices and Certain Prostheses and Delegations of Authority 2900-AM22

Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA): Preventive Services 2900-AM23

Claims File for VA Medical Examinations and Opinions 2900-AM34

Enrollment and Copayments 2900-AM58

Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program—Self-Employment 2900-AM69

Payment or Reimbursement for Emergency Services for Nonservice-Connected Conditions in Non-VA Facilities 2900-AM71

Definition of Service in the Republic of Vietnam 2900-AM74

Department of Veterans Affairs - Final Rule

Title

Regulation

Identifier Number

Schedule for Rating Disabilities--The Eye 2900-AH43

Grants to States for Construction and Acquisition of State Home Facilities 2900-AJ43

Department of Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulations Plain Language Rewrite 2900-AK78

Veterans Education: Incorporation of Miscellaneous Statutory Provisions 2900-AL28

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program Period of Eligibility for Eligible Children and Other Miscellaneous Issues 2900-AL44

Loan Guaranty; Loan Servicing and Claims Procedures Modification 2900-AL65

Service Requirements for Veterans 2900-AL67

Medication Prescribed by Non-VA Physicians 2900-AL68

Presumptions of Service Connection for Certain Disabilities and Related Matters 2900-AL70

Accrued Benefits, Death Compensation, and Special Rules Applicable Upon Death of a Beneficiary 2900-AL71

Benefits for Certain Filipino Veterans and Survivors 2900-AL76

Duties of VA; Rights and Responsibilities of Claimants and Beneficiaries 2900-AL82

Elections of Improved Pension; Old-Law and Section 306 Pension 2900-AL83

Special and Ancillary Benefits for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors 2900-AL84

General Provisions 2900-AL87

Dependency and Indemnity Compensation Benefits 2900-AL89

See Attached PDF File

VA_2007_VACO_0043_0001_2_.pdf

Edited by Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Thanks again SO MUCH Wings!

Men and women- these proposed regs give us a VOICE-

The public comments we make to proposed rules or any VA legislation are read by NVLSP, and many vet organizations- at their highest level as well as by the VA itself.

The Federal Register site is more user frinedly than it used to be for making public comments-

it might take a day or too before they publish your comment-

I usually think about the point I want to make very carefully,write my comment in Word and then edit, copy and paste into the web site form.

This is one of the very few ways that we can have direct input into what the VA is doing.

Something I griped about-a reg that is unfair in my opinion to a specific class of widows and widowers- was also confirmed last night by a vets attorney I spoke to-as he saw exactly the same unfairness in this 2004 regulation that I see.

I have raised the matter with the OGC in DC to try to get it changed.

There had been no public coment period I know of when this reg was put into the 38 CFR in 2004.

(just like they snookered us on a past AO reg)

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.