VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Does The Va Charge Per Page For A Second Copy Of C-file?

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

Has anyone gotten a second or subsequent copy of their C-file and knows how much the VA charges you per page if they have already sent you a copy of your C-file?

I know you're only entitled to one free copy, which I already got some time ago but there were some papers missing so I want to order it again to see whether or not the papers have turned up in my C-file.

I'm just curious what it will cost me per page for a second copy of my C-file.

Thanks,

TS Snave

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have never requested a second copy but I do know others that have. They have never mentioned having to pay for the second copy. I guess it just depends on the attitude of the copy person they day they are working on your request.

Off topic a little bit... but I do send many requests to the VAMC for updated reports of my exams. For some reason they always send a complete copy of my medical file at no charge. I guess my VAMC has money to burn.

In your case are you close enough to go and see your C-File and if so do you know what pages or records your are looking; or is this just a just in case type senerio? I personally would just send them another request and I am sure that if they want to charge you for it then they will probably notify you of the charge before taking action; or just call the 1-800 little people and ask them.

An attorney told me they charged a WWII vet -filing his first claim- for his c file copy -and his med recs!

they never charged me for duplicates if I told them their copies were difficult to read.

• HadIt.com Elder

A lot of crap in the file is not needed there are only a few gems in the file. If they want to charge you than consider going to the VARO to review the file and ask the Counselor to make copies of the stuff you want.

Has anyone gotten a second or subsequent copy of their C-file and knows how much the VA charges you per page if they have already sent you a copy of your C-file?

I know you're only entitled to one free copy, which I already got some time ago but there were some papers missing so I want to order it again to see whether or not the papers have turned up in my C-file.

I'm just curious what it will cost me per page for a second copy of my C-file.

Thanks,

TS Snave

I just got a letter from them, $10 for the next copy.

wapiti

All -

Thanks for the replies.

Going to the VARO is not an option.

I'll post after the fact what they charged me. I am hoping it is either free or the $10 they charged wapiti. If it's a per page fee then I'll be putting out some serious coins.

Anyone else gotten a per page charge for a second copy of their C-file, please post and let me know.

Thanks,

TS

Tssnave:

Just received a copy of my medical records for year 2007, I

request a copy each year.

I like to know what is written into the records, it is

amazing what is put in there that was never discussed with

me.

To the point of your post, stamped on the front of the transmittal letter is as follows:

" A COPY FEE OF .15 PER PAGE WILL BE CHARGED IF DUPLICATED OF

THESE RECORDS ARE NEEDED IN THE FUTURE "

I have never been charged a fee.

If it were me I would request a second copy of your C file and state

that some orginal copies were not readable.

Dobie