VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Does The Va Charge Per Page For A Second Copy Of C-file?

Rate this question

tssnave

Question

Has anyone gotten a second or subsequent copy of their C-file and knows how much the VA charges you per page if they have already sent you a copy of your C-file?

I know you're only entitled to one free copy, which I already got some time ago but there were some papers missing so I want to order it again to see whether or not the papers have turned up in my C-file.

I'm just curious what it will cost me per page for a second copy of my C-file.

Thanks,

TS Snave

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

$10.00 is cheap. The last time I went in for a copy they added a letter saying that my next copy would cost me over $30.00 dollars, probably more since my last claim had several pages in it alone. May have to pay just to see how much more my file is screwed up.

OH yea! Ask that they copy on only one side, otherwise you will have to recopy everything again just so you can put things in order. They seem to have fun copying things out of order copying on both sides of the page. You might end up with a medical report on the back side of a copy some other evidence. anyway it was a pain sorting everything out when I got my copy.

Rockhound <_<

Rockhound,

You gotta be kidding! They've copy stuff front to back from your c-file w/out even matching up the documents!??!?!? How stupid is that!

I got a copy of my C-file after my Decision and before my appeal and it looked to be all there (and it was all my paperwork and not someone's else's) EXCEPT the page of the application that has my bank account number on it. Now, if you have to lose something and have it floating around, I would really rather it NOT be my bank account information. That's part of why I want a second copy - to see if they have my bank account sheet in there or not from my original application.

The copies I got were legible so I won't go that route. I just want another complete copy to see if they have my NOD and appeal packet and if they actually have my deposit information in there or if it is still gone (my hope is that it just got missed when they copied everything the first time).

I can live with .15/page a lot better than I can .25/page but I really have no choice.

Thanks to all who replied. I'll keep you posted on what it costs me.

Thanks,

TS

A lot of crap in the file is not needed there are only a few gems in the file. If they want to charge you than consider going to the VARO to review the file and ask the Counselor to make copies of the stuff you want.

So, a person can request certain items from the c-files (such as SMR and rating sheets)? I really don't need everything since I obtained 99 percent of it myself from civilian doctors--I wouldn't have any rating if I had not submitted them since the doctors were in no hurry or inclination to mail the docs directly to the VA (I kept checking on the progress). I don't have any VA medical evaluations except the C&Ps.

Thanks...

Edited by Manitou Sprgs

I called the RO last week and they told me that I would have to pay $10.00 for the copies reguardless if I have never had copies of the info before. I sent them the $10.00 and told them to send the whole c-file even though I only need stuff from 2006 to present. On the other hand the VAMC ROI office doesn't charge you for copies that you have never had before. I beleive that the RO should have the same policy. Doesn't make sense to me that you should have to pay for copies that you have never gotten before. The copies that ZI wanted were from 2 C&P exams. They were done by QTC contract Dr's and those contract Dr's will not give you a copy. They tell you that you have to get it from VA. DJ 8 :o

"They seem to have fun copying things out of order copying on both sides of the page"

Yeah- a veteran's attorney told me this is something to watch out for-

to make sure if the back side contains important info-

that the neither the vet nor a rater misses it-

he was very ticked off- he has a WWII vet on a VA pension and they just charged this vet for his c file copies-

first time the vet ever requested them -as far as he could remember-and-being a WII vet-there was a lot they had to copy-

sometimes I think the copy person at the VA sees this stuff for the first time-I bet VA breezes over most of a C file anyhow-or just looks at the most recent entries.