VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Shrink Screwing Up My Claim

Rate this question

labonte1000

Question

hi, I think the va shrink is trying to screw up my claim. I'm 10% for anxiety and, I recently got a copy of my medical recored, and she says that I always had this since childhood and that I was a fussy and fitful child. which is all totally wrong, I wrote her an email telling to change this because I never said that, I said when I was young, I was sometime a little on the she side, but never had anxeity when I was young, Do the VA shrink try to do this to screw up claims or what. This is BS! What can I do, My VA primary care told me to file for an increase, which I already did, but when they find this i'm going to lose the 10% i already had because of some dumb shrink. please help what can I do to get rid of this or change this.

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

They're not above the most lowly dirty tricks.

Boy, How true a " Statement". I have been around the block and back with this one.

I am a really good example of just how far the VA will go to deny a claim.

Always,

Betty

If you have a claim going, never tell the doctors anything that you don't want the VA to know about. "Thats my personal opinion" The Doctors will write down anything and everything and sometimes take it out of context. I told the Doctor I was worried about my VA claims and they put me down for being paranoid. It took a massive amount of effort to redact that off my record once it was on there. All because I mentioned in passing my thoughts about it. I would get another doctor for sure as that one seems to not have your best interest at heart. I would also do more than just email the doctor. To effectively change your records you have to go through the patient advocate and explain to them what the problem is. They should take it from there and possibly have it redacted out of your record. Now it wont be totally gone, they submit it to the doctor and they edit the statement to reflect what it was supposed to say in the first place. So once its there, its there to stay with the edited version under it. Also to get another doctor you just have to visit the patient advocate and they will help you.

Always approach your VA Comp exam as if the doctor is NOT your friend. If they ask, "how are you today?", do NOT answer, "I'm doing fine", because that's exactly what the doctor will write down. Your approach should be that you are applying for a disability that you justly deserve and don't be intimidated. Please remember, EVERYTHING you say will be documented during your exam.

Good luck my sister and brother VETS.

Bill Byrne

USMC - 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

Bill:

Nice to see you posting and that was good advice. Been awhile and a lot of water has gone under the bridge.

Bill:

Nice to see you posting and that was good advice. Been awhile and a lot of water has gone under the bridge.

Hello Pete. I have been away for a while and missed the forum. I'm back and eager to help out in every way I can. Thanks for the reply.