VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are You Taking Chantix ?

Rate this topic

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chantix prexcribed to PTSD vets has prompted a hearing at the House Committee on Veterans Affairs this coming Wednesday.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfJUN08/nf062008-3.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

They will talk about it make excuses and promise to never do it again.

Until next time or another one they have covered up comes out.

Hello everyone,

Another alternative for those of you who want to stop smoking is "Wellbutrin." Now, it doesn't work over night but it is a great alternative. Still, the most important aspect for anyone to stop is to mentally prepare for it. That is the hard part.

Tayo

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Chantix last year. I refiled the script about 3 times. I went from 2 to 3 pks a day down to less than a half but was unable to quit. I noticed my hair was falling out last fall. I didn't connect it to Chantix, but looking back it started about the same time. I too had those vivid, weird dreams while I was taking it.

This winter I was under a lot of stress when my honey started to get sick and I've rubbed a bald spot on top of my head. In March my son had a kidney transplant after waiting almost 7 years down here at Life Link in Tampa. That added more stress, but I was still under a pack a day.

The crap it the fan 15 days ago, (see my Va horror story under the welcome page) & I'm back up to 2+ packs. My PA at the Department of Health Clinic (I not a vet, my honey was & I'm too young for Medicare yet, 63) would not subscribe Chantix for me again, especially now with the stress. I don't even worry about the bald spot now, I just tell my beautician to give me a "comb over "

I used it, and it worked. I had the crazy, vivid dreams and stomach pain with it, though. I stopped using it after about 2 months because I couldn't taste anything. Taste came back in about 2 weeks and I stayed tobacco free for about a year. When I had my last, and most severe flare-up of my back, which started last summer and is still in progress, I went back to my olsd friend tobacco. I smoke and dip, and I doubt if I'll ever quit again. That was about the most miserable year of my life. Maybe I just didn't give it long enough...

Ditto RG..Exact same thing happened too me, though no stomach pains..Some dreams though and were very vivid. My taste came back in about a week or so..

Tough script to get these days at Bay Pines VHAMC, Fla. im told...Peace.