VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Letter? Stumped

Rate this question

iris

Question

Hi,

My husband received a letter from SS saying we have reached a decision on your medical and have found you have met our requirements. Is goes on to say they have not determined the non medical. We will here from them soon. Mt husband has worked his whole life and paid SS up until last May when he got hurt. He is 100% PTSD schedular from the VA. Recieved that rating in 7/08. Can anyone tell me what this means. Has he been approved or not? :) Thanks

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like he was approved, but I would call the local SS office to see if in fact this was so and not just the application itself met the requirements.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like he was approved to me as well. I don't know what the non-medical term means. He has to wait two years after getting approved for SSDI to get medicare.

• HadIt.com Elder

That's SSA standard language. It means that the medical review portion of your husband's case was favorable. The next part is administrative review, and determination concerning non medical factors that might allow the SSA to deny, such as your husband earning "significant" income while disabled.

Assuming that the overall outcome is favorable, and SSDI granted, take a careful look at the effective date. SSA "can" grant retroactive payment if you prove that the disability existed for a significant period of time before the application and SSDI grant. It's not uncommon to have to file an additional request for an earlier effective date after SSDI is originally granted.

Hi,

My husband received a letter from SS saying we have reached a decision on your medical and have found you have met our requirements. Is goes on to say they have not determined the non medical. We will here from them soon. Mt husband has worked his whole life and paid SS up until last May when he got hurt. He is 100% PTSD schedular from the VA. Recieved that rating in 7/08. Can anyone tell me what this means. Has he been approved or not? :) Thanks

Edited by Chuck75

Don't want to steal this thread but how do you ask for an earlier date when you worked. I cut my hours 12/06 to half time (more than allowable amount. HOw could I ask for that date as my effective date instead of waiting until June 08 to get my first check (if I win).

want strange letters... i got one from SS... Dear sir you daughter mia has been awarded childrens benefits so on and so on ... starting aug 07 you will receive 662 per month so on and so on... But we are holding payments from 08/04 thru 08/07 and we will send you a letter to explain this ... this letter came in august of 07 and so far no letter ... i have called many times and get the same ans... Well we are not sure maybe they just need more time to work on this award... i have a theory ... i was awarded custody of my two children when they were 1 and 3 years old and they are now 17 and 19 but the youngest my daughter stayed with her grandmother for 3 years and i paid 500 plus a month support back in 92 thru 96 i found out not to long ago she applied to the state and told them she did not know where i was so she collected my $$$ and their money... she has sience confessed to the state that i sent her money all along... so i am thinking maybe the reason my son who has always been with me received his SS but my daughter did not was the state is trying to rip me off... for the money the grandmother colleced from the state while getting my support which by the way was in Check.... anyone have this happen to them