VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions About Meds

Rate this topic

I just went to my first VA medical visit today. My doc put all my scripts in. I'm on two differen't blood pressure meds, and she said I would probably recieve those in about a week. I'm also on two different pain meds, hydrocodone 7.5/500 and oxycodone CR 20mg. She didn't say anything about the pain meds, she made it sound like I'd be picking them up today, lol, but there wasn't a pharmacy there. I made it clear that I needed a refill a.s.a.p. due to not having any.

I've been looking around on here, and seems to me that when it comes to controlled substances, it's delivered by fedex overnight. Is that the case, or am I making false observations. I'm new to all this, and pretty frustrated with the whole process. I'm deff. willing to try and keep the VA as my primary care due to the cost factor. When I was being see by a private sector dr. I was forking out a lot of money for visits and scripts.

Help Please. I need to get this all straightned out, and need to know if I have to call in the a.m.

Also, today I signed up for the InPerson Authentication, but I still can't see my scripts online? Help please.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should also add that I was seen in one of the outpatient clinics, and not a VAMC (hence the reason there wasn't a pharmacy right there).. I believe mail order is the only way to go for the pharmacy.

Thanks again in advance.

I just went to my first VA medical visit today. My doc put all my scripts in. I'm on two differen't blood pressure meds, and she said I would probably recieve those in about a week. I'm also on two different pain meds, hydrocodone 7.5/500 and oxycodone CR 20mg. She didn't say anything about the pain meds, she made it sound like I'd be picking them up today, lol, but there wasn't a pharmacy there. I made it clear that I needed a refill a.s.a.p. due to not having any.

I've been looking around on here, and seems to me that when it comes to controlled substances, it's delivered by fedex overnight. Is that the case, or am I making false observations. I'm new to all this, and pretty frustrated with the whole process. I'm deff. willing to try and keep the VA as my primary care due to the cost factor. When I was being see by a private sector dr. I was forking out a lot of money for visits and scripts.

Help Please. I need to get this all straightned out, and need to know if I have to call in the a.m.

Also, today I signed up for the InPerson Authentication, but I still can't see my scripts online? Help please.

Thanks in advance.

The online viewing might not solve your problem. It did not solve mine. I can view my meds online. I also take the 7.5 hydros. The VA has enacted A new procedure with Hydro and Oxycotin. They only write 1 month at a time. When you get close to running out, you required to call the VA clinic and reorder though the clinic by phone. The nurse takes the message and then gives it to the doctor. The doctor has to sign the order after the physician assistant orders it and submit it to the pharmacy. When you view your meds online, it will show all the meds you take, but all may not be active each month, until you call them and have them submit to the pharmacy a new number each month. Pain in the butt, I know. The bad part is, I called them each day for 8 days in a row, at least twice a day, and I had ran out. After I called the clinic, I would then call the Pharmacy the next day, only to find they had not ordered them. I even faxed the info for proof of what was going on. As I said that went on for 8 days, until I finally lost it. They eventually called me in enough script, at a local pharmacy, to last me until my order arrived 10 days later. The avoid this, call at least 10 days before you run out and then always call the pharmacy to verify they submitted the order or you will run out.

Danang_1969