VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions About Meds

Rate this topic

You should call today and find out if the meds went out and how they are being sent. If by Fed Ex, get a tracking number and find out if they were sent overnight. If the meds have not go out or didn't go out overnight, tell the nurse that you want the doc to call you in a script at your local pharmacy for enough pain meds to get you through until what they are sending you comes in the mail. This is unacceptable treatment. There is no excuse for you being out of your meds like this or the fact that they didn't tell you that they would wait for the results of your labs before entering your scripts. Also, ask the nurse what labs they were waiting on and get the name of the labs and the results. After you have that information, you should call the patient advocates office and explain the situation and ask for them to look into how this was not handled properly and that you want to make sure this isn't a trend because you don't deserve to be treated this way and no other Veteran does either. Let us know what you find out and we will go from there.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I get my narcotic meds via certified mail through the USPS. The VA takes their sweet time about sending them. If I ran out Friday I would be sick by Saturday. I keep ahead of this situation. If is difficult to depend on people who have so little regard for our health.

• HadIt.com Elder

Speaking out is right call and get the tracking number and than look for when it is supposed to be delivered. If not today go to the VAMC ER and tell them to fix you up than and there.

I contacted my dr.'s nurse, and their "pending", what the *u** is that? This is outrageous! How could a medical personel (nurse and dr.) live with their consionce (not spelled right) treating people like this.

• HadIt.com Elder

Since your VAMC is this bad I would consider in the future to try and get my pain meds outside the system if you have medicare or other insurance. I am just throwing this out since I don't know your situation. I would hate to depend on the VA for anything crucial like narcotics where I go into withdrawal if I don't get them. I been there before! I would go to the VAMC ER with my empty pain med bottles. If you start to get sick throw up on the admitting room desk clerk.