VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions About Meds

Rate this topic

Normally when I need meds right away. I will go to my outside doctor and get a "10 day preciption " get photo copies -fill the script & pay - and send the bill and copies to FEE BASIS if you have acess to fee basis . If I cant get the DR to call it in I add the DR visit and the Medication bill. Then you may have another ENITY OF THE GOVERNMENT looking into this PROBLEM.

If the medication is needed now the 10 day can be supplied.

Steve & Pat

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now loosing it. I'm beyond irritated. Waited till 1am, to get an update from myhealthevet(it was giving me an error message saying I was trying to access it too much, and to wait till 12a.m. cst), still nothing! The clinic I was being seen at told me two meds were pending. What could they be pending on? I don't get it? The other two, they told me had already been sent in the mail, which is a lie because on myhealthevet, under the medications list says they haven't been dispensed. To my knowledge that means they haven't been shipped. Today I didn't feel like leaving the house due to withdrawl(almost worse than dealing with the pain), and fear that if they meds were possibly on the way (yeah right), that I'd miss the mail man and not even know it! This is rediculous.

By the way,

Steve & Pat,

I can't see an outside DR. as it would void my narcotic contract with the VA.

To everyone,

They also said they were putting in a pain management consultation in, and I would here from that in a couple days. I was seen monday, and haven't heard anything as of yet.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

• HadIt.com Elder

hello livingrock21,

I'm sorry to hear another vet is experiencing the treatment i've received through the VAMC primary care providers.

I would often go through sudden medication withdrawals, multiple times a year.

Often, due to the care provider failing to keep up with signing the renewal forms.

I was very vocal over the suffering they put us all through. They just made them later, more often it seemed to me.

It's letting go of the funds. They sure don't like it.

If it takes making you miserable to get you to pay for the medication yourself, they have no problem with it at all.

If, you've been calling and have been cautious and compliant to their wishes and have not complained about the treatment you receive from your friendly government agency, then your a team player following the chain of command.

Since i've been going through the private sector, I no longer have to experience sudden withdrawals of medications.

There can be some very serious symptoms from suddenly stopping medications, sudden death, seizures, etc.

You can show up at the VAMC, but many don't take walk in's and the ER is not likely to help you with any medications, especially narcotics.

Been there done that. But they will watch you die outside their window.

Go to the nearest private medical center and get care at their ER

If your care provider has not signed off on the meds, theres little you can do except call the VAMC patient advocate and Social worker and see if they can find out why there is a delay.

DO NOT DRIVE ANY ANY WHERE until your medication is stabilized, is my best advice.

Hang in there Vet. It will pass, but you should get immediate care.

Allan

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry! I forgot to add............

>I can't see an outside DR. as it would void my narcotic contract with the VA.

A VAMC Dr advized me to go outside of VA, than when I did, another VA Dr accused me of trying to get narcotics from VA and private sources at the same time.

If you choose private health, you will have to pay out of pocket.

My prescription expenses last month was a little over $500, nearly half of our income.