VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi App. Re-entry # Lost, Ideas?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I tried to figure out why SSA didnt respond to my application. They now tell me it is 'incomplete' for some reason. I cannot find my 're-entry' number as of yet. I can apply again but thought I'd check here to see if anyone knew how to find the special number, if at all. thanks, cg

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
I tried to figure out why SSA didnt respond to my application. They now tell me it is 'incomplete' for some reason. I cannot find my 're-entry' number as of yet. I can apply again but thought I'd check here to see if anyone knew how to find the special number, if at all. thanks, cg

Cowgirl,

I hope that I am correct with what I am posting. Shouldn't the SSA be able to tell you what is incomplete about your " Present" claim?

They are acknowledging you filed.

In my daughters case, in which they wanted her to re-apply and add more medical evidence.

Had she took their advice, she would have lost 5 years of back pay.

We will see what the experts say.

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,Betty, the way I found out the status was I did call. The clerk said the application was incomplete, that was after reverifying my information (not haircolor tho?) with the computer voice and her, a total of 3 times. All day yesterday I searched and I cant find the re'entry # so maybe I'll keep looking for today. Just wish there was a way of retrieving it. The telephone clerk did say the app was there, she could not help me without the #. Since the application was made online, I must have mailed that 'complete application with this #' page to myself as well as printed it. Just cant find it. Will search again today and reapply if needed. Thought I'd ask, thanks! cg

I think that you can call them and ask. It would be the first thing I would do.

Good Luck

Edited by cowgirl

Cowgirl, when I was researching how to file a claim, I read several times that it is best to do it in person. Now after I did mine, I think this is true, but I would suggest you fill out the paperwork on line after you get the appointment with SSD.

I knew the computer app did not show or demonstrate my medical condition. After I made the appointment, all this guy did was put it in the computer, but I had a good repore with him and he worded mine using "SSD" key words.

Then he gave me a copy of what he did.