VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blasting A Examiner With A Letter

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

I finally received a CDROM of my SSA File with the evidence and all the actions and everything. The first thing I noticed was a note where they deemed 600 pages of my SMR were not relevant to my case. I then read my Mental and physical Functional Capacity Assessments, what a ^%$#@ Joke.

I start my letter with, Reading the case Development sheet I see where on 4/21/06 someone decided that the 600 pages of medical records were “MOST OF INFO IS OLD AND NOT RELEVANT. BOOKMARKED INFO FROM 1-05 TO APPROX 1-06” 05/31/2006 16:31 HLS Those records are indeed relevant to my case they show the chronological development of my disabilities. I was never interviewed or examined by a doctor. Both the Mental and Physical residual Functional Capacity Assessments are so far off target, but that’s to be expected when a doctor makes those judgments with out seeing the patient or knowing his complete medical history. Recently it has been decided that my right upper extremity is 80% permanently disabled. My left kidney functions at 28% ? The following are treatment dates of my mental conditions which you ignored except the Major Depressive Disorder the others you did not even consider and they were listed on my claim.

I have been officially Diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder 9434 a mood disorder, Secondary to pain syndromes 9422 which is a Somatoform Disorder , and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Chronic 9411 with delayed onset which is a Anxiety Disorder, and General Anxiety Disorder 9400 with agoraphobia another Anxiety Disorder.

On 12/28/2006 during a Compensation and Pension Physical Exam for Initial Evaluation for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) DR Joyce Kales MD

Diagnosis Axis I MDD secondary to pain Syndromes

PTSD, chronic, delayed onset, with panic symptoms

GAF rated at 45 with serious impairment in social and

occupational functioning.

Other opinion: The prognosis for improvement is deemed poor in light of the veterans deteriorating health. His capacity for employment is felt to be poor in light of his overall impaired functional and emotional status.

Joyce Kales MD

On July 5th, 2007 Doctor Sunday Imuchukwu MD Attending Psychiatrist when asked “Do you think the patient has the capability of performing a sedentary low stress job on a 40 hour work week on a regular and sustained basis? If no why ? Answers No, patient is chronically dysphoric. (This has been faxed to the SSA by my lawyer).

My official Mental Diagnosis for Compensation and Pension purposes is

Major Depressive Disorder secondary to Pain Syndromes; Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Chronic, Delayed onset, with Panic symptoms associated with chronic Nephrolithiasis. 70% from 06/01/04.

In June 2006 I received notice that I was being turned down for Vocational Rehabilitation. The denial letter states:

”It does not appear feasible for you to obtain suitable employment through your Vocational Rehabilitation benefits at this point in time because of the severity of your disability.”

”After carefully reviewing the evidence, I have determined that it is not reasonable to expect you to be able to train for or get a suitable job at this time.”

”In reaching my decision, I considered the following evidence: Medical records from VAMC and private physicians, independent living evaluation; vocational and independent living interviews, rating decisions, personal documentation.”

Your Doctor Bxxxxxx Phd states in his case analysis “He is able to perform unskilled work.” His Psychiatric Review Technique does not have Anxiety Related disorders listed (PTSD) or Somatoform Disorders listed (Chronic pain Syndrome) his assessment of me is a joke. As well as the assessment conducted by

DR Guxxxxst, one quick example for DR Gxxxxxxx, checked that I am not affected by extreme cold, which is untrue I have Raynauds Syndrome and Have pictures of my hands side by side demonstrating such. How in the world can a MD make these determinations without seeing the patient? The rest of this is my Mental Health History 2005 thru present and what is italicized occurred during your case development

thru October 2006 when you made your decision.

The total letter is 9 pages typed, I dont know if it will do anygood or not, I am faxing it directly to the examiner who disapproved my claim. I am at the point where I am waiting on a ALJ Hearing.

The end of my letter

"That’s just the mental side, wait till they receive a update on the medical side.

In closing I would like to thank you and the doctors for such a fine upstanding job you did on my case.

I understand that my case is supposed to be expedited at all levels because I fall into the SSA wounded warrior category.

Initially I was rated by DVA @ 50%, at current time my percentages add up to 350% disabled, under veterans administrative law, its rounded off to 100%, ya real funny. You made the same mistake looked at a very little, examined nothing and denied benefits. Thank you."

Edited by BETRAYED

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

All you really need to do now, is include a picture of your "avatar" or whatever they call that pic.

That oughta do the trick!!

:unsure:

• HadIt.com Elder

Betrayed, They will do or say anything until the ALJ puts them in their place. Be prepared to go to that level in your case.

Hang in there.

Edited by jbasser