VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hydrocodon Stay In Your Piss

Rate this topic

hydro, oxy - I think they all show up as the same. Be careful about taking meds that are not prescribed for you. I understand your pain but you would not want to have a bad reaction to something. Hope the doc does you right and gives you what ever you need for the pain.

I take oxy and it does not seem to have any effect on me. You know - when you take a pain med how you drop real quick - the oxy does not do that to me. Maybe the dosage is too light. Does not do much for my pain either.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

VA is usually behind the curve on all these new pain meds. They prescribe pain meds that are cheap. The will give you a presciption for morphine faster than for celebrex because it is cheaper. I take the slow acting morphine but it has awful side effects including concrete like constipation. My private pain managment doctors are afraid to go beyond darvocet or hydrocodone. I would like something that would be long lasting that I could take in the morning and that would not put me on the couch all day.

Usually they just test for opiates. I don't know if they actually discriminate between oxy and hydrocodone. If they ask just say you took oxy. Tests are wrong frequently so unless you admit something I don't think one test is enough to cut you off.

agree you would get a positive for opiates not a specific opiate, dont worry about it

• HadIt.com Elder
I've been taking Oxycodone for about 5 years now and everytime I get a new doctor I have a problem with the new doctor, they can't seem to keep a doctor, in the 5 years I've had 5 doctors I'm on my 5th one now and I am having a problem getting a refill from him. I have lung cancer and the pain med is the only way I keep going. On my last appointment he said the Oxcodone didn't show up in my urine, well hell fire I have no salava glandes from them being burned out from radiation and I drink probably 2 1'/2 gallons of water a day, seems the water flushes my system out. Stupid VA Doctors where do they come from. SGT D :rolleyes:

The VA can do other types of tests. They can yank out a couple of hairs. It doesnt have to be urine.

The Hair test can show long term exposure.

And yes, they can differentiate between spacific drugs. Each Drug has its own chemical signature.

Please dont take meds that are not prescribed for you. A bad test will raise suspision.

Edited by jbasser

I'm not a expert on drug test but I did run the navy drug testing program for a lot of years, as well as been a user of opiates for numerous years. I have to disagree, the test will be positive for a opiate and not a specific opiate. When they test they test for types, I am reading this of a lab slip under drug abuse screen

Amphetamines

barbituates

benzodiazepams

cocaine

opiates

phencyclidine

thc

ethanol

• HadIt.com Elder

What sets them off is if you have illegal drugs in your system or you do not have your VA prescribed nacotics in your system. This gets them looking hard at you. Be sure before you go for the blood or piss test to take all your narcotic or psychiatric meds. Don't drink any alcohol for a few days at least. No reefer either if that is your inclination. The dopers and the boozers come together at last.