• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Maurice

I Got 30% For Depressive

Question

Hi Friends, I got my claim back today and only got 30% for Major depression disorder. Its change me to only 70% disable Vet. VA

1.A decision on entitlement to compensation ED secondary to medication is deferred.

2.Compensation for temporomandibular joint disease is deferred

3.Bilateral feet pain secondary to SC intervertebral disc syndrome is deferred.

4.IU is deferred.

What should I do next for my claims? I need help now! Please I need ideas so I can get back to the Veterans Affairs. God bless you all and Thanks you. :rolleyes: :) :blink:

Hi Friends, I got my claim back today and only got 30% for Major depression disorder. Its change me to only 70% disable Vet. VA

1.A decision on entitlement to compensation ED secondary to medication is deferred.

2.Compensation for temporomandibular joint disease is deferred

3.Bilateral feet pain secondary to SC intervertebral disc syndrome is deferred.

4.IU is deferred.

What should I do next for my claims? I need help now! Please I need ideas so I can get back to the Veterans Affairs. God bless you all and Thanks you. :) :lol::blink:

Get as much medical documentation from your private physicians as you can. You need to have them write a letter stating that the severity of your physical ailments prevent you from working. The VA cannot dispute the medical evidence you submit to them.

"Its change me to only 70% disable Vet."

But 'only" 70 % is a big stepping stone to TDIU Maurice-

since there is stuff they defered- I sure hope they properly consider you for TDIU- as they must with the 70% rating.

If they didnt ask you for anything else- all I think you should do is wait for the next decision on the defered issues.

Defer is a big difference than denial.

i agree with berta

i agree with berta

Same here, but I do suggest you keep track of your timeline.

My experience is that I had several items (9 or 10) that were deferred back in 2000. In the letter I just got back on my inquiry about those items, it basically said that once a year goes by, so does the original claim date and the ability to reopen the claim. Now I need to provide 'new' medical evidence not already considered by the VA. Even though the deferral was due to the development of the new 'duty to assist' program, I guess I dropped the ball. On the other hand, I do have "new" medical evidence, to show continuity, for my new claim, and I expect some level of success. I'll be happy just to get it rated.

Hang in there,

--Jim