VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got 30% For Depressive

Rate this question

Maurice

Question

Hi Friends, I got my claim back today and only got 30% for Major depression disorder. Its change me to only 70% disable Vet. VA

1.A decision on entitlement to compensation ED secondary to medication is deferred.

2.Compensation for temporomandibular joint disease is deferred

3.Bilateral feet pain secondary to SC intervertebral disc syndrome is deferred.

4.IU is deferred.

What should I do next for my claims? I need help now! Please I need ideas so I can get back to the Veterans Affairs. God bless you all and Thanks you. :rolleyes: :) :blink:

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder
"Its change me to only 70% disable Vet."

But 'only" 70 % is a big stepping stone to TDIU Maurice-

since there is stuff they defered- I sure hope they properly consider you for TDIU- as they must with the 70% rating.

If they didnt ask you for anything else- all I think you should do is wait for the next decision on the defered issues.

Defer is a big difference than denial.

i agree with berta

i agree with berta

Same here, but I do suggest you keep track of your timeline.

My experience is that I had several items (9 or 10) that were deferred back in 2000. In the letter I just got back on my inquiry about those items, it basically said that once a year goes by, so does the original claim date and the ability to reopen the claim. Now I need to provide 'new' medical evidence not already considered by the VA. Even though the deferral was due to the development of the new 'duty to assist' program, I guess I dropped the ball. On the other hand, I do have "new" medical evidence, to show continuity, for my new claim, and I expect some level of success. I'll be happy just to get it rated.

Hang in there,

--Jim