VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Pay For January & February 2008

Rate this question

Armand

Question

My C&P checks for January and February did not reflect the COLA increase awarded in December 2007. Was wondering if anybody else had this problem. I notified the VA but haven't received any response yet. I know that shocks all of you.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm sure that as soon as the young lady that takes care of that data entry returns from the pedicure shop, that she'll get right on it.

don't worry........be happy.....

I had the same thing happen. I called the VA when the deposit hit in DEC without the increase. They said I would have to send a letter requesting them to adjust my payment to reflect the COLA and ask for it to be applied retroactively.

My deposit the end of JAN still didn't reflect the change so I called the 800 number again. They said they received my letter 3 JAN and were working the issue. I thought it should be an easy fix but it's the VA.

I asked how this could happen and was told there is a small group of I think they said pension receiptents that don't get a COLA so there is a code they input to have the COLA applied automaticly. They said for some unknown reason I did not have the code for COLA but they agreed I should have received it. They are working the issue to have my code changed.

Seems to me if it is small group that don't get COLA, the default should be to get COLA and a code should be required to stop COLA. Doesn't make me feel better to hear them say don't worry we are working the issue.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know its a bummer but its a statutory increase and sooner or later they will have to fix it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I wonder how much before tax money you would have to earn to equalize what we get for 100% from the VA? Has anyone else though of this? I got my COLA for VA and SSA.

I had the same thing happen. I called the VA when the deposit hit in DEC without the increase. They said I would have to send a letter requesting them to adjust my payment to reflect the COLA and ask for it to be applied retroactively.

My deposit the end of JAN still didn't reflect the change so I called the 800 number again. They said they received my letter 3 JAN and were working the issue. I thought it should be an easy fix but it's the VA.

I asked how this could happen and was told there is a small group of I think they said pension receiptents that don't get a COLA so there is a code they input to have the COLA applied automaticly. They said for some unknown reason I did not have the code for COLA but they agreed I should have received it. They are working the issue to have my code changed.

I don't get it. That should be a simple computer entry to cover all the troops. But then again, it's the VA.

Seems to me if it is small group that don't get COLA, the default should be to get COLA and a code should be required to stop COLA. Doesn't make me feel better to hear them say don't worry we are working the issue.