• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Armand

C&p Pay For January & February 2008

Question

My C&P checks for January and February did not reflect the COLA increase awarded in December 2007. Was wondering if anybody else had this problem. I notified the VA but haven't received any response yet. I know that shocks all of you.

I had the same thing happen. I called the VA when the deposit hit in DEC without the increase. They said I would have to send a letter requesting them to adjust my payment to reflect the COLA and ask for it to be applied retroactively.

My deposit the end of JAN still didn't reflect the change so I called the 800 number again. They said they received my letter 3 JAN and were working the issue. I thought it should be an easy fix but it's the VA.

I asked how this could happen and was told there is a small group of I think they said pension receiptents that don't get a COLA so there is a code they input to have the COLA applied automaticly. They said for some unknown reason I did not have the code for COLA but they agreed I should have received it. They are working the issue to have my code changed.

I don't get it. That should be a simple computer entry to cover all the troops. But then again, it's the VA.

Seems to me if it is small group that don't get COLA, the default should be to get COLA and a code should be required to stop COLA. Doesn't make me feel better to hear them say don't worry we are working the issue.

I had the same thing happen. I called the VA when the deposit hit in DEC without the increase. They said I would have to send a letter requesting them to adjust my payment to reflect the COLA and ask for it to be applied retroactively.

My deposit the end of JAN still didn't reflect the change so I called the 800 number again. They said they received my letter 3 JAN and were working the issue. I thought it should be an easy fix but it's the VA.

I asked how this could happen and was told there is a small group of I think they said pension receiptents that don't get a COLA so there is a code they input to have the COLA applied automaticly. They said for some unknown reason I did not have the code for COLA but they agreed I should have received it. They are working the issue to have my code changed.

Seems to me if it is small group that don't get COLA, the default should be to get COLA and a code should be required to stop COLA. Doesn't make me feel better to hear them say don't worry we are working the issue.

Hi,

At least they didn't tell you it was a "computer error." This was a data input error, or lack thereof.

Good point about the default.

Ron

Don't feel like a lone duck...I didn't get a COLA increase either..for Jan or Feb..I think I have been given 3 or 4 different reasons why. Guess it will get here when it gets here..

John you can multiply your net from VA by 1.4 and get a rule of thumb answer to what the Income would be if it was earned working.

Pete

So when I add up what I get from SSDI,VA, OPM and my little disability insurance policy and multiply it by 1.4 there is no way I could get a job making that kind of money. Now if we just got a realistic cola I might be able to keep up with my exalted standard of living.