VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Pay For January & February 2008

Rate this question

Armand

Question

My C&P checks for January and February did not reflect the COLA increase awarded in December 2007. Was wondering if anybody else had this problem. I notified the VA but haven't received any response yet. I know that shocks all of you.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I had the same thing happen. I called the VA when the deposit hit in DEC without the increase. They said I would have to send a letter requesting them to adjust my payment to reflect the COLA and ask for it to be applied retroactively.

My deposit the end of JAN still didn't reflect the change so I called the 800 number again. They said they received my letter 3 JAN and were working the issue. I thought it should be an easy fix but it's the VA.

I asked how this could happen and was told there is a small group of I think they said pension receiptents that don't get a COLA so there is a code they input to have the COLA applied automaticly. They said for some unknown reason I did not have the code for COLA but they agreed I should have received it. They are working the issue to have my code changed.

Seems to me if it is small group that don't get COLA, the default should be to get COLA and a code should be required to stop COLA. Doesn't make me feel better to hear them say don't worry we are working the issue.

Hi,

At least they didn't tell you it was a "computer error." This was a data input error, or lack thereof.

Good point about the default.

Ron

Don't feel like a lone duck...I didn't get a COLA increase either..for Jan or Feb..I think I have been given 3 or 4 different reasons why. Guess it will get here when it gets here..

• HadIt.com Elder

John you can multiply your net from VA by 1.4 and get a rule of thumb answer to what the Income would be if it was earned working.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

So when I add up what I get from SSDI,VA, OPM and my little disability insurance policy and multiply it by 1.4 there is no way I could get a job making that kind of money. Now if we just got a realistic cola I might be able to keep up with my exalted standard of living.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have told Hadit Members many times but not lately that the money we get when considered retirement pay is actually better than many others will ever earn and for that I am grateful.

The problem is that with the money many of us live a much more restricted life than we would had we not gotten our earned benefits. I think that most here would rather be well and earn a good living.

I still rue the day I was standing by the mess hall and had my first panic attack. I never even had a clue what it was till 22 years later. I thought I was nuts that there were places I could not go and things I could not do nor could I explain it to anyone else. So I was trapped in hell and stress was a trigger.

Today I have some sort of security and as low as it is you can count on keeping it for the rest of your life. When I go my wife will also retain ChampVA and DIC and she can switch to my Social Security and still maintain a pretty decent amount to live on.

I do know that an overweight diabetic with a heart stent depending on meds from VA is not exactly a good candidate for a long life but I do want to live as long as possible to collect all I can from the damn VA.I will never forgive them for dragging my claim out for almost 6 years and the financial and emotional losses because of it.

I really feel sorry for the Iraq Vets and what they and their young familes have to go through.

For the married Veterans you have to plan your life and plan for what happens after you are gone.

Pete

Sorry for the rant

• HadIt.com Elder

I think about half the people my age will be depending on SSA for their golden years. Dog food sales will really be peaking as the baby boomers reach retirement age. I don't believe it is possible for someone to actually live on SSA alone and yet many will be doing just that. My VA compensation is more than what I would have gotten if I had worked for the USPS for 30 years. That is pretty bad plus those who have to pay for their health insurance are tied to the whipping post.